Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
RadioBeach #46283 06/07/13 08:41 AM
Originally Posted By: RadioBeach
Metadelic finally arrived yesterday - yay!

Thanks to all involved, especially Martin; fantastic notes guv - well done.

More on Metadelic later, just wanted to mention the Endlessly video as it's been some considerable time since I saw it and was shocked to see some familiar locations!

The bandstand bits were shot at Arnold Circus - just off Shoreditch High Street and a short walk from The Garden studios.

The other outside bits I know were filmed on Hampstead Heath, although I've no idea what building was used for the interior shots.

I discovered the bandstand whilst looking for somewhere to eat my sarnies at the last Cargo gig last year.
I was oblivious to the fact it had been used but I'm glad I've been there.

Brian

Brian #46285 06/07/13 10:52 AM
I received my copy of Metadelic on Tuesday. I'm really pleased with the contents. It's great to hear the 12" extended versions again. I haven't heard them since I got rid of most of my vinyl during the 90's(how I regret that now). The BBC sessions sound really good too. There's the odd gripe on here that there aren't any real rarities included. I guess what was available was included on the double disc reissues. Personally I've got no complaints.

Your Shadow #46324 06/11/13 11:23 AM
Although I'm not particularly a fan of anything from In Mysterious Ways, it's nice to be able to get rid of the poor quality versions of the BBC sessions and 12" mp3s and have these cleaned up definitive versions. For me, Metadelic is more one 'for the collection', plus it sits nicely alongside Metatronic (though despite being shrink-wrapped, it looks like somebody has played rugby with my Metadelic case frown )

I really love all the thumbnail images on the booklet – fascinating. Therefore, how disappointed I was to open it and find nothing of the sort inside. I'll have to wait for the LP, so I can enjoy bigger images! wink

I'm yet to watch the DVD, but I'm guessing it's worth the price tag for this alone, being the first time they've been remastered and issued on DVD.

Alex S #46390 06/23/13 12:43 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

Friends of Arnold Circus are having their annual picnic / barbecue / festival thing next Sunday, 30th June.

If you're passing, like...

http://foac.org.uk

Birdsong #46395 06/25/13 09:15 AM
H
H
Originally Posted By: Birdsong

Friends of Arnold Circus are having their annual picnic / barbecue / festival thing next Sunday, 30th June.

If you're passing, like...

http://foac.org.uk

Is it a "bring your own spiral staircase" party? wink

Alex S #46397 06/25/13 05:52 PM
T
T
Originally Posted By: Alex S

I really love all the thumbnail images on the booklet – fascinating. Therefore, how disappointed I was to open it and find nothing of the sort inside. I'll have to wait for the LP, so I can enjoy bigger images! wink

Or you could play the DVD and press pause when appropriate! wink

On a different note, is it me or has "Through My Sleeping" been remixed? Or is it the same version as on the 2CD version of Shifting City?

Haha!

I need to double check, but I thought it was the slightly revamped version that appeared on the SC remaster.

Alex S #46851 10/21/13 09:09 AM

MemberD #46861 10/21/13 12:15 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Random - but cool.

This is a copy of the same review that appeared in the Helensburgh Advertiser and the Dumbarton Recorder on 25th September.

I wonder where else it got to...

Thanks

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.