Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#46610 08/27/13 06:59 AM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

This afternoon - Tuesday, August 27th - you can hear John Foxx on BBC 6 Music, interviewed by life-long fan and Foxx-champion Mark Radcliffe about his new projects EUROPEAN SPLENDOUR with Jori Hulkkonen and EMPTY AVENUES with Belbury Poly.

The show starts at 1.00pm

John is on from 2.30pm

Brian

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

Thanks Brian.

The 17 minute clip is now available on the 6 Music website :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01fsf4h

I love Mark Radcliffe - he GETS it.
Always has, by all accounts. Foxx is very relaxed and confident is his company.

Yes good interview, rounded it all up nicely without too much faffing about, although I can't say as I'm a fan of Radcliffe myself.

Drawing & sculpting exhibition 'within a year' ? what are the chances? place your bets...

Love the line about Hanna peel now having "a rocket powered violin .." . .the mind boggles.

H
H
I found it a curiously uninvolving and quite unprofessional interview; at times it sounded like two mates having a chat down the pub what with all the ers, ums and interruptions from Radcliffe every time John tried to explain a point in detail. Also I thought it a bit of a mistake to play the rather plodding and predictable David Lynch mix of Evangeline rather than the far more sprightly radio edit (isn't that the point of a radio edit?).

That said, it's great that John is still considered important enough to be given a 17 minute slot on BBC2, what with it being 30 years since his last hit!

Well I think Radcliffe is a bona fide fan and usually does give John the chance to plug his stuff when it comes out.

Plus it's BBC6 (not 2!) which also holds him in some esteem.

T
T
Nice little package that link was - saves listening to the whole programme. Would love to if I had more time but I don't seem to.

I've never been that fond of radio edits either - don't really see the point. The edits in the 17 minute section were even more extreme though - about 30 seconds each previewed track? wink

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

They were cut back for the 'clip'.
I believe that for the broadcast the full-length versions were played

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.