Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 748 of 753 1 2 746 747 748 749 750 752 753
T
T
Originally Posted By: RadioBeach
A bizarre combination of Manafon and Bill Hicks

That's just crazy enough to work! I'm just trying to imagine David crooning a Bill routine such as "Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration ...", or maybe Bill riffing on "Small Metal Gods". laugh

Originally Posted By: the church puddle
Originally Posted By: RadioBeach
A bizarre combination of Manafon and Bill Hicks

That's just crazy enough to work! I'm just trying to imagine David crooning a Bill routine such as "Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration ...", or maybe Bill riffing on "Small Metal Gods". laugh

“THE DOOR IS AJAR…”

Ha! That'd be great - it'd be a hell of a lot more interesting than Uncommon Deities at any rate! laugh

Basically I put a sort of ‘chillout’ playlist together on my phone. Usual suspects: Kate Bush, Boards of Canada, Talk Talk, blah blah. Got kinda bored of it very quickly – realised I’d accidentally created a weird ‘café del mar 3CD Tesco set’ with some of my favourite artists. Wrong wrong wrong. So started to spice it up a little with some Bish Bosch, Manafon and two Bill Hicks albums – now it’s spectacular – a sort of audio Finnegans Wake. It’s quite something on shuffle when ‘Please Do Not Disturb’ comes as a welcome relief after 'Zercon…' and then goes into 'The Sensual World'! Gonna see if I can stretch it to 7 hours.

“Whatchoo readin’ for?!” wink

Oasis.
-
_
I'm sorry.

That's just unacceptable.

Originally Posted By: Alex S

I know. It's complicated...but it's not you, it's me ....

GONNA LIVE FOREEEEEVUUUUHHHHHHHHH!

.. it's a kind of Tourette's thing.

Originally Posted By: MemberD
Originally Posted By: Alex S

I know. It's complicated...but it's not you, it's me ....

GONNA LIVE FOREEEEEVUUUUHHHHHHHHH!

.. it's a kind of Tourette's thing.

grin

I feel quite boring just listening to Tour de France Soundtracks

Last edited by RadioBeach; 07/15/13 12:37 PM.
Joni Mitchell The Hissing of Summer Lawns

T
T
Pet Shop Boys "Electric". Great fun, possibly a bit throwaway in places and is that the third album in a row where a classical tune has been appropriated? There was also no need for the guest spot rap on "Thursday" but it is thankfully brief. "Axis" I swear has listened closely to A-Ha's "Here I Stand and Face the Rain". But these are minor quibbles (and the last one is not really a quibble at all) and although I suspect this will probably go down as a minor album in their canon - closer to "Relentless" or one of the later "Disco"'s - one feels obliged to say they have earned the right to choose to do whatever they like. And we have the right, if we choose, to like whatever they do.

Visage - Hearts & Knives

Pretty good actually

T
T
Originally Posted By: MikeG
Visage - Hearts & Knives

Pretty good actually

Against all the odds my album of the year so far. It just hits the spot.

Page 748 of 753 1 2 746 747 748 749 750 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.