Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

Originally Posted By: Herbert the turbot
Not only must we all have umpteen versions of Hiroshima Mon Amour, Just For A Moment, Burning Cat and He's A Liquid, none have surpassed the originals, have they!

I could tell you exactly how many versions of each of these we have. If you like...

But I would disagree about Burning Car. IMHO there are two or three versions out that are 'better' than the original...

all together now..

"It's a burning cat! mee-owww!
It's a burning cat! mee-owww!
Alright!"

I was a bit underwhelmed by this. Doesn't really add much to the originals/other versions except a whole lotta pad-drumming by Benge. Expected more squeaky violin by Ms. Peel.

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

I didn't say that RHAPSODY was one of them... ;D

Originally Posted By: MemberD
all together now..

"It's a burning cat! mee-owww!
It's a burning cat! mee-owww!
Alright!"

laugh

T
T
I'm also a bit underwhelmed by Rhapsody. Though Melody is no problem. wink I've no issue with the roughness of it, but I could have done with more power . I agree there's not enough of Hannah's violin and when it is heard it lacks the atmosphere it had when I saw The Maths live. And a few more songs from the tour set would have been welcome. Perhaps they were recorded and turned out to be substandard.

Last edited by The Quiet Trees; 05/14/13 02:28 PM.
Got my copy of Rhapsody today. smile

Sounds very good and a nice booklet.
I like it.

Rhapsody has it's moments (Catwalk and He's A Liquid being particular highlights), but it does sounds very rough and ready. John's vocals sound a bit off in places too.

Sadly it does sort of feel like this is a short selection (probably the best bits) from a longer recording, released (pretty much last minute) for the OMD tour...

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Originally Posted By: Herbert the turbot
we all have umpteen versions of Hiroshima Mon Amour, Just For A Moment, Burning Cat and He's A Liquid...

Originally Posted By: Birdsong
I could tell you exactly how many versions of each of these we have. If you like...

By my reckoning, 'we' have :

He's A Liquid - 7 versions
Just For A Moment - 8 versions
Hiroshima Mon Amour - 9 versions
Burning Car - 10 versions

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.