Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Birdsong #46247 06/05/13 10:14 AM
Metadelic is here.

MemberD #46248 06/05/13 10:23 AM
Ah, so you've got the one copy that's been distributed so far wink

I was hoping to see it in HMV (like the pile of Metatronics they had when that came out), but no, they didn't have ANY John Foxx CDs whatsoever. Just a piece of plastic with his name on, sadly lost somewhere in between John Fogerty and Sam Fox.

So even when you decide "maybe I'd like to have a good olde fashioned 'I'll buy this in the shop' experience, you can't.

That said, I'm on no particular rush for it. Amazon beckons.

Alex S #46249 06/05/13 11:06 AM
Mine arrived yesterday cool

It's fantastic.Lovely package.

Brian

Brian #46251 06/05/13 11:48 AM
Yes, agreed .. it has alovely warm glow to it ...

MemberD #46253 06/05/13 12:52 PM
Those stills/images look very interesting...

Alex S #46254 06/05/13 04:07 PM
H
H
My copy turned up yesterday so I enjoyed a very pleasant evening playing the DVD, then CD2 and finally CD1.

As my earlier posts on this thread have indicated, whilst I'm disappointed that Endlessly (Sparkle Mix) apart, there's no "unheard" material (albeit plenty that's technically previously unreleased), it's still an excellent compilation, well packaged with an excellent and well-written booklet. The BBC session recordings also appear to have been cleaned up, with no irritating DJs waffling over the intros and outros.

It's particularly welcome for John's much-maligned In Mysterious Ways era to be in the spotlight; even though John himself has played down this part of his career, I maintain that the quality and emotional resonance of this material is as good as anything in his back catalogue.

I'll save the more indepth review for now, as I don't want to spoil any surprises for those who've not had a chance to listen to it as yet.

Last edited by Herbert the turbot; 06/05/13 04:10 PM.
T
T
Originally Posted By: Herbert the turbot

It's particularly welcome for John's much-maligned In Mysterious Ways era to be in the spotlight; even though John himself has played down this part of his career, I maintain that the quality and emotional resonance of this material is as good as anything in his back catalogue.

I agree! It's a lovely package all round and a great companion for Metatronic.

Quick question for Rob.

The version of the Miles of Miles Away video is not the full version according to Cromlech/Foxxvox on Twitter.

Is this a more recent re-edit?

YouTube http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=uUxp5pE3HIc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DuUxp5pE3HIc%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

Brian

Brian #46281 06/07/13 07:18 AM
Aye - I also popped on the DVD last night and was somewhat surprised to see this 'repurposed' Miles Away video ... lots of images of 1950 American cars and travelling and such like, and very haphazardly put together, I might add. Shame.

..and no 'Play all' button this time either (as per Metatronic).

Never mind. The TOTP Europe is brill (Foxx wonderfully missing his "vocal" intro cue) and Endlessly video mercifully unaltered.

MemberD #46282 06/07/13 08:38 AM
Metadelic finally arrived yesterday - yay!

Thanks to all involved, especially Martin; fantastic notes guv - well done.

More on Metadelic later, just wanted to mention the Endlessly video as it's been some considerable time since I saw it and was shocked to see some familiar locations!

The bandstand bits were shot at Arnold Circus - just off Shoreditch High Street and a short walk from The Garden studios.

The other outside bits I know were filmed on Hampstead Heath, although I've no idea what building was used for the interior shots.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.