Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Originally Posted By: MikeF
Just watched Underpass (http://youtu.be/4BCkfupwK-s). I am pretty sure they are playing on top of the original studio multitracks which I find disappointing. Did they do that for the whole concert?

Not really.

Mainly sometimes on some of the Metamatic era tracks I think.

Brian

Is it just me, or does no-one else remember John introducing Robin Simon at the Roundhouse. It's sticks in my mind because I thought it strange that unlike at the Troxy, John did not introduce him.

However, on the DVD, the introduction is there along with footage of John from the back!

Am I going mad?

Last edited by sam.vox; 10/15/12 06:57 AM.
I have listened to my recording made on the night and John does introduce him as Rob Simon. The crowd had already noticed Rob walking on stage and were cheering at the time.

Originally Posted By: Johnnyh
I have listened to my recording made on the night and John does introduce him as Rob Simon. The crowd had already noticed Rob walking on stage and were cheering at the time.

Cheers Johnny, I thought I was going mad. cool

I see that Steve has posted on John's Twitter to say that the DVD is a limited edition of 2000.

Brian

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Not enough pre-orders then... wink

G
G
Got the DVD Saturday and this is the first I have had the chance to watch it and its great

Thanks John

Mine arrived the day after I ordered it earlier in the week. Nice packaging. I haven't watched it yet, but the live album sounds very good - perhaps the best quality live Foxx recording to date.

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

That's good to know. I ordered mine on Tuesday and it still hasn't arrived...!!

Got my DVD yesterday and watched it today.

Only one word :FANTASTIC!

Are the Future music interviews in the bonus section the same which came across the magazine in the past? It's very interesting but the film quality is a bit blurred if the camera is moving. Or is this only my copy?

But the Roundhouse film material is superb. Really worth the money!
Sad there is no Louis stuff included but it will be great if we get a DVD about John & Louis next year.

Thanks to John and everyone who was involved in this DVD

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.