Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hi. Has anyone received there copy yet?

I ordered Evidence and Live At The Roundhouse last Saturday. Evidence turned up in a matter of days but still no live DVD/CD? Just wondered if there might be a delay with it being shipped out.

Hi Andy,

DVD is not officially out until Monday so I'm expecting it to arrive early tomorrow.

They have taken the money off my card.

Brian

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

Both pretty good reasons why pre-ordering is not for me. Seems rather pointless - why not just order Monday on release?

It's not as if there won't be any left...?

Originally Posted By: Birdsong

Both pretty good reasons why pre-ordering is not for me. Seems rather pointless - why not just order Monday on release?

It's not as if there won't be any left...?

Ah, but then there wouldn't be a sales spike on day one, helping it chart and hence get more sales. Sad, but I think everyone is doing this now. Also helps gauge interest in telling how many copies to "press" on first edition.

Originally Posted By: Brian
Hi Andy,

DVD is not officially out until Monday so I'm expecting it to arrive early tomorrow.

They have taken the money off my card.

Brian

Doh!! Cheers Brian. Getting my dates wrong. Got a bit ahead of myself in anticipation for receiving it.

my copy came this morning,must get things done so i can watch it.

My copy was delivered by the postman this morning as well!! Only had time to watch about half of it so far.Nice cover design and good sound too. Just wish I could have attended the gig for real.

watched first half hour as good as it was at the gig.

Got the DVD this morning. Nice package but not fussed in having the CDs in the same packaging. The video itself is spot on visual and audio wise. A lot of the camera shots were the same perspective as I got at the gig ( I was in the middle near the back ). The film production is very impressive with lots of good band footage mixed in with exactly the right amount of background video footage. Very professional and well worth the money. It really has captured the atmosphere of that great night.

The only disappointment was no Louis ( reasons mentioned in previous threads ). I hope that a retrospective of their work comes out soon. I also hope that we get a deluxe 2 cd version of From Trash as this is my fav JF LG album.

Just watched Underpass (http://youtu.be/4BCkfupwK-s). I am pretty sure they are playing on top of the original studio multitracks which I find disappointing. Did they do that for the whole concert?

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.