Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
J
Originally Posted By: Sean
I also notice that 'Destination' (from the first encore) is absent from the track list quoted on the Townsend site.

From memory (of the youtube videos I saw) the performance of 'Destination' on that night suffered a few technical hiccups... It's probably for the best that that performance was not included. It is indeed a shame though, because that's one of my favourite JF+TM tracks.

The Archive
The Archive
Originally Posted By: Sean
Originally Posted By: Shadow Man

I looked at the set list of the DVD again and miss the tracks with Louis on it. What is the reason the 3 tracks with Louis are not included on the DVD and CD?
For my opinion they played very well together on that evening. If I remember right it was Through my sleeping, Shadow Man and An Ocean we can breathe!?

Good point, Shadow Man - although as I remember it there was 'A Million Cars' instead of 'Through My Sleeping' (if the setlist I originally posted on my blog http://tinyurl.com/8qv862k was correct).

I also notice that 'Destination' (from the first encore) is absent from the track list quoted on the Townsend site.

I am very much looking forward to the set, but the omission of those tracks is somewhat disappointing.

Unfortunately, there were a number technical issues with both the sound and the vision during Destination, and the three tracks performed with Louis Gordon. It was very regretable as despite our best efforts we weren't able to salvage any of these tracks.

There are plans to make it up to Louis by creating a special Foxx / Gordon retrospective sometime during the new year.

Rob

Originally Posted By: Rob Harris

There are plans to make it up to Louis by creating a special Foxx / Gordon retrospective sometime during the new year.

This is good news. I can't help but feel that John's work with Louis didn't get the attention it deserved at the time and has since been overshadowed. Feels like a good time for this kind of release.

Originally Posted By: Alex S
Originally Posted By: Rob Harris

This is good news. I can't help but feel that John's work with Louis didn't get the attention it deserved at the time and has since been overshadowed. Feels like a good time for this kind of release.

Great news! I know what you mean by overshadowed, but I think it's just a regrettable after-effect of the Maths getting such amazing exposure that nobody probably really counted on. I'd really like to see a John and Louis Roundhouse / Cargo event definitely, and yes, I'd love them to re-group in the near future.

And I know I'm probably the only one who wants it (as it's very recent), but I'd love a remastered From Trash as that was my favourite of the album of theirs.

For me, Trash is their second best album after TPOE.
But what is there to remaster? It's too recent for any remastering surely.

Sorry, forgot to add that, usually with the remasters there's a second disc of live or unreleased stuff, and I'd like to hear any thing else that came out of those sessions.

In that case, count me in! However, I suspect we've already had it, with Sideways and "Running in Traffic".

Way back before the album came out, the titles of all the works-in-progress were posted on MySpace – I seem to think most, if not all of them surfaced. I wish I'd saved them for reference!

I remember during the gigs a few differences in "Impossible" - lyrics, middle section.

Originally Posted By: RadioBeach

Sorry, forgot to add that, usually with the remasters there's a second disc of live or unreleased stuff, and I'd like to hear any thing else that came out of those sessions.

A second CD with live stuff from their 2006 tour would be great. They played Slow Motion along other stuff which was never been recorded live during that tour. Shame, 'cause it was very good.

But it is good to know there is something in work about John & Louis. Thanks for the information Rob.

B
B
Me too! - If there is a John & Louis DVD in the works, that would be great, missed out on seeing some of their early concerts. Be nice to have an official disc available. laugh

In that case, count me in! However, I suspect we've already had it, with Sideways and "Running in Traffic".

Way back before the album came out, the titles of all the works-in-progress were posted on MySpace – I seem to think most, if not all of them surfaced. I wish I'd saved them for reference!

I remember during the gigs a few differences in "Impossible" - lyrics, middle section.

It'll never happen in a million years, but wouldn't it be great to have that rehearsal version of The Beatles 'Drive My Car' that they used to do!

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.