Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#42950 04/11/12 04:25 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

The covermount CD free with the current issue of The Word (#111 - Damon Albarn cover) features

Tides - John Foxx and The Maths

Further more, news from Benge's studio this week is that violinist Diana Yukawa has been in recording some material with John Foxx for a project that is 'nearing completion'...

http://myblogitsfullofstars.blogspot.ca/2012/04/busy-week.html

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
C
C
Originally Posted By: Birdsong

news from Benge's studio this week is that violinist Diana Yukawa has been in recording some material with John Foxx for a project that is 'nearing completion'...

'new material nearing completion'

very intriguing...

but Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury I say to you that more intriguing still is that photograph above, shouldn't it have a caption bearing: 'Foxx & Benge in blatant product placement shock' as John casually/carefully holds to camera a Starbucks in left hand? And if that isn't enough his right hand is also strategically (juxta)positioned/collaged to draw our eye to the Persian-Drizzled-Caramel-Pumped-Vanilla-Bean-Apagotto-Style Frappuccino on desk!

H
H
It's always nice to see a Foxx song on a cover CD - clearly he has a number of fans at the music monthlies! However, it's a pity that Tides was chosen as the lead track to promote The Shape Of Things. Personally I think it's a bit of a duff track - unstructured and unfocussed, built on a repetitive synth arpeggio that soon gets annoying with a disinterested vocal performance that throws away awhat looked quite a touching lyric on paper. Far better to have chosen Falling Away, Vapour Trails or The Shadow Of His Former Self.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.