Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Website updated with a review from Monday's gig in York and my first impressions review of The Shape of Things

Interplay tour live in York

The Shape of Things

Administrator
Administrator
An excellent review Alex - thanks for sharing it!

I look forward to seeing this 'lavish packaging' everyone is very excited about!!

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks! smile

"Lavish" might be a tad over-enthusiastic in hindsight, but it is rather good!! Ed Fielding's photography is fantastic and works well against the Barnbrook typography and mathematical designs.

I do like it - more than the Interplay booklet for sure. Plus mine's got the added bonus of having "John Foxx" signed over the inside spread!

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Another bunch of updates... I've updated the biography page, bringing the info up to date, and at long last, added a new page listing John's single releases.

http://www.quietcity.co.uk/singles.html

Nothing as comprehensive as the albums, but at least they've got a presence on the site now, and hopefully I'll be filling the gaps on this page over time.

Administrator
Administrator
Nice page Alex - well done. It set me wondering...

Has Evergreen actaully been released as a single. It was originally set to be so on October 17th.

What actually happened?

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Martin, and good point about Evergreen! Let me know if anything's wrong or out of place - I'm not sure the chronology is quite right.

I'd have thought it would have been published on Facebook/Twitter or by email if it had been released.

Hi Alex. Nice work.

I just wanted to point out some errors on the singles page.

Don't forget that Endlessly was released twice as a single. Firstly in 1982 and backed with Young Man as you have listed. However it was re-released in 1983 as a different version with different B-sides. This release actually featured the cover which you showed for the 1982 re-release.

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you for pointing that out - just the sort of info I need, as I'm not that 'up' on the old vinyl releases.

Do you have, or know where there is a scan of the single version that I have listed?

Looking at the releases on the Wiki page, I could have listed everything, but I don't have images for them all.

Yet.

Originally Posted By: Alex S
Thanks Martin, and good point about Evergreen! Let me know if anything's wrong or out of place - I'm not sure the chronology is quite right.

I'd have thought it would have been published on Facebook/Twitter or by email if it had been released.

I put it on the wiki page, even though the only ones who really 'released' it were Mojo as download with the correct version of Cigar. (before the Shape CD2 release of course)

It was reviewed on ROundtable so in theory ...

Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.