Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

John Foxx And The Maths are set to release a single CD version of the new album, The Shape Of Things on 19 March, 2012. This is due to the fantastic response to the limited edition release at the end of last year (there are still some copies left but they're going fast.). FACT Magazine has already described The Shape Of Things as ''rooted in the classic electronic pop tradition but sounds thrillingly contemporary.'

The single CD will feature a new version of the track Talk (Beneath Your Dreams) which is remixed by Matthew Dear, to include some new sounds and a vocal by the US electronic artist.

Talk (Beneath Your Dreams) will also appear on a new EP, currently being recorded at The Maths’ studio in London and due for release in the spring.

The full tracklisting for the single CD version of the album is as follows:

01 Spirus
02 Rear-View Mirror
03 Talk
04 Psytron
05 September Town
06 Unrecognised
07 Modreno
08 Falling Away
09 Invisible Ray
10 Vapour Trails
11 Buddwing
12 Tides
13 Astoria
14 The Shadow Of His Former Self

BONUS TRACKS
15 Talk (Beneath Your Dreams) Featuring Matthew Dear
16 Where You End And I Begin (Featuring Tara Busch)

You can pre-order the album for £9.99 here

Find out more about Matthew Dear and his work here

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Thanks Martin - looking forward to the EP already.

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

Matthew Dear on his work with John Foxx and Benge

http://thewire.co.uk/articles/8510/

Last edited by Birdsong; 02/17/12 12:26 PM.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

You can hear the track online now exclusively at Fact mag:

http://www.factmag.com/2012/02/17/listen-to-matthew-dears-rework-of-john-foxxs-talk/

"Dear’s reinterpretation is more propulsive than the original. Foxx’s austere sonic architecture remains, but Dear grafts it onto a solid techno backbone and bathes it a warm analogue afterglow."

I had become used to the minimalist original, but this gives the song a whole new dimension - excellent.

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

For those (like me!) who don't perhaps realise it, Matthew Dear also features on Mojo's compilation album 'OK_Computer', (Issue 171 covermount CD) released in February 2008.

This CD of course includes our very own Burning Car

The track was then a promo for his latest album (at the time) Asa Breed, released on Ghostly International in April 2008

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.