Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 30 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Tenek - Robin 2 Bilston (Saturday 28th April)

Tenek were in my vicinity last night and having followed them for the last couple of years this was too good an opportunity to miss. It wasn’t actually a Tenek show; they were one of the support acts for the Toyah Changling Resurrection tour. Strange choice to be honest: Tenek’s electronic music didn’t really fit in with any of the other acts, not that I was complaining.

They played a mixture of songs from their two studio albums and the new EP 2. Songs included Higher Ground, Submission, Losing Something and they finished with No Time For Fighting. On for about half an hour and all thoroughly enjoyable.

We stayed for part of the Toyah show although I wasn’t familiar with any of her material.

Here’s some footage from the Tenek set: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL_4FqDH_lQ

Originally Posted By: MikeG
Tenek - Robin 2 Bilston (Saturday 28th April)

Tenek were in my vicinity last night and having followed them for the last couple of years this was too good an opportunity to miss. It wasn’t actually a Tenek show; they were one of the support acts for the Toyah Changling Resurrection tour. Strange choice to be honest: Tenek’s electronic music didn’t really fit in with any of the other acts, not that I was complaining.

They played a mixture of songs from their two studio albums and the new EP 2. Songs included Higher Ground, Submission, Losing Something and they finished with No Time For Fighting. On for about half an hour and all thoroughly enjoyable.

We stayed for part of the Toyah show although I wasn’t familiar with any of her material.

Here’s some footage from the Tenek set: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL_4FqDH_lQ

Hi Mike I was there as well last night

Will post some pictures when I get a moment.

I was manning the Tenek merch stall for a bit as well.

Nice video BTW

Brian

Last edited by Brian; 04/29/12 07:57 PM.
A few of my pictures of Tenek & Toyah @ Bilston

And Electro artist Andi Fraggs was also supporting:-

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

Wow - great shots. thanks.

But THIS really is news of what promises to be an amazing show.

Torment and Toreros is (probably) the best album of all time:

Marc Almond, another artist who shot to fame in the 1980s, presents a rare live performance of Marc And The Mambas groundbreaking 1983 release Torment And Toreros (9 August - Royal Festival Hall). Antony has said of Almond, "Marc laid out a trail of subcultural breadcrumbs and aesthetic tenets that more than any other single influence formed the artist that I would become. Ten years before I would hear Nina Simone make a similar affirmation, I read Marc saying that he didn't care if he hit the notes, for it was only the feeling that mattered." Also, critically, it was on Marc And The Mambas first album that Antony first heard a cover of Lou Reed's masterpiece Caroline Says, which 20 years later Antony would personally accompany Reed himself in reprising.

Tickets go on sale at 12 noon on 8 May to Southbank Centre Members and generally at 12 noon on 10 May.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

Great - I have tickets for the above laugh laugh

And now this has come along. SHould be interesting

http://www.dlwp.com/event/we-can-elude-control

On Saturday June 9th 2012 the De La Warr Pavilion hosts We Can Elude Control a free day of sound and experimental electronic music as the closing weekend event for the Cerith Wyn Evans exhibition.The event features a headline performance by Chris & Cosey presenting a live remix of Throbbing Gristle's final album Desertshore, as well as sets by cult British artist Russell Haswell and analogue tape experiments by Napalm Death vocalist Nicholas Bullen.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
An excellent gig at the Palladium, managed to get front row seats and some camera phone pics/video. I'd definitely see them again.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Burnt Out Car
http://youtu.be/ymq65leaxiA

He's On The Phone
http://youtu.be/6VrNV0Xy3u0

Blimey! Great pics John!

It was a really good gig indeed, if Sarah Cracknell had remembered all the words, I'd of been disappointed - glad she's keeping up a St. Et tradition! wink

Did you notice the TOTP Band names on the screens during Popular? - Don't know if you could see them from the front, anyways they were very funny

Originally Posted By: RadioBeach
Blimey! Great pics John!

It was a really good gig indeed, if Sarah Cracknell had remembered all the words, I'd of been disappointed - glad she's keeping up a St. Et tradition! wink

Did you notice the TOTP Band names on the screens during Popular? - Don't know if you could see them from the front, anyways they were very funny

Yes I saw those TOTP video clips.As for forgetting the words,that was funny, I have video for Sylvie & Tonight, when I'm next in the office I'll upload - I think Sarah forget the words in Sylvie too.

Yeah she did! Ha! Let's face it - not the most difficult song in the world! Heh!

I hope they do more dates - they're doing a few festival things here and there but I'd much rather see them at their own event.

Page 26 of 30 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.