Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41212 09/27/11 10:25 AM
OP Offline
I was fortunate enough to be able to visit Benge's studio earlier this month. What an absolute Aladdin's Cave of synthy goodness there was!!! Benge was a very gracious and courteous man with plenty of stories to tell and very interesting to chat with - he was very complimentary about Mr. Foxx I have to say. I've put a link below to Benge's Blog entry about the day and the Flickr page which has the pics on, as well as a couple of images to whet your appetite :-) And Rob, I'll be sending you some of the pics tomorrow ;-)

Enjoy.

My Flickr page: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjwjKwq9

Benge's blog entry: http://myblogitsfullofstars.blogspot.com/2011/09/studio-fellows.html

Play Studios, London, U.K. by manof2worlds, on Flickr

The Archive
The Archive
Excellent photographs - thanks for sharing them... laugh

Rob

Administrator
Administrator
Brilliant work Neil - I shamefully wasn't aware of your work before.

I love the way that somehow you have made the studio look abandoned... It's a great effect, like you've just walked down an abandoned staircase behind a boarded up door and 'discovered' it

As Rob said, thanks for sharing these

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
C
C
Thanks for the flickr link Neil, there's a lovely quality to the colour, and a fantastic sense of stillness, really interesting, and some very intriguing shots, orange telephones and foliage with the equipment.

M
M
Superb photography, Neil. Particularly photo 2.

OP Offline
Thanks - I asked Ben not to tidy up and just leave everything as it was. He agreed after picking up the PPG Wave 2.2 off the floor in the live room and putting it back onto the shelf in the main studio. I like the "working studio" feel of the pictures, because that's what it is. I have been obssessed with those orange phones since I first saw them and I eagerly worked my way around to them :-D

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.