Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
I haven't talked much about this project, not even to mention that we hosted Yazz last year on her first gig wih a band for 'quite some time'

She's on a different journey these days. Very cool show though!

http://www.yazzmusic.co.uk/music.php

Anyway, I wanted to post here a link to a vid I forgot I made some years ago, just panning the inside of the church before we made it safe and considered fit to re-opened. I'm hopin gto update soon, now that I have mastered video technology on one of those hand held portable 'telephone' thingies...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SewUZMrSH_4&NR=1

September 30th soon we have a major fundraising event for The Kintampo Project http://www.thekintampoproject.org/ which invloves three of the best known local bands.

It would be good to think that one day I can get the kind of music I like onto a programme laugh

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
It's nice to know things are still moving forward; I know you've been passionate about this for a long time. You've got something special here, so all the best with this creative and exciting project.

C
C
Good to hear that the project is still going from strength to strength, you should post/video something of the upcoming fundraising event, interesting to see the venue and the local bands.

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
here's my press release describing our forthcoming show

Historic church hosts fundraising Koncert 4 Kintampo

On Friday 30 September, a stunning Victorian church in Southampton plays host to three big local bands in a major fundraising concert on behalf of The Kintampo Trust (Charity No: 1141887), improving mental health in Ghana.
The venue is a beautiful 140 year old church, largely unaltered since it was designed and built by leading architect George Gilbert Scott , already well on the way to becoming one of Southampton's more unusual concert and performance venues.
After successful evenings incl. 80s icon Yazz and Paul Jones, St Denys Church have joined forces with Solent University and some of the production team behind the Southampton Passion to put on what promises to be a spectacular evening of professionally staged live music featuring local legends Ken Wood and the Mixers and Blues maestro Bob Pearce in his new band The Gospel Three.
With support from Jazz Therapy and an audience including senior and experienced professionals from across the NHS as well as music promoters,this is a showcase event for both the Church as a venue and the Trust.

Tickets now on sale from over 30 stockists, including St Denys Church. £12.50 incl. refreshments.
All proceeds to The Kintampo Trust (Charity No: 1141887).

thekintampoproject.org

Last edited by Birdsong; 09/09/11 05:29 PM.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.