Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 689 of 753 1 2 687 688 689 690 691 752 753
Originally Posted By: Graham73
Originally Posted By: Scott
Originally Posted By: Graham73
Originally Posted By: Alex S
David Bowie's 1.Outside. Again.

I rate 1.Outside as his best album.... well it's certainly my favourite Bowie album... closely followed by Earthling...

I'm afraid to say I haven't heard these albums yet. None in fact since Black Tie White Noise with the exception of the odd single. They keep getting mentioned here especially by Alex. I think a trip to the shops is in store this weekend.

I think you might be impressed Scott. I'd have a wee look on Amazon if I were you as they're both currently going for about 4 quid each... smile

If you like Diamond Dogs, Low, Heroes, Lodger or Nine Inch Nails, then you'll like 1.Outside.

I think out of the two, Earthling, though a shorter, simpler album is harder to access. Damn good though, once you get past the common misperception that it's a drum & bass album! It isn't!

Both albums I would say, are Bowie's most electronic works.

S
S
Thanks for the replies Graham & Alex. I have all of Bowies albums until BTWN & then stopped for some reason. This will be rectified over the weekend.

Start off by getting hold of a copy of Buddha of Suburbia. It's brilliant. Underrated and undervalued. A much better album that BTWN - much more 'Bowie' - and would provide an ideal lead into Outside, with it's fusion of pop, rock and jazz elements.

Administrator
Administrator
Rubicks - Jungle of You, from the superb new album Rise of the Giddy

I can hear a healthy Siouxsie influence in this track.
Great stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2hapKDHu2c

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
OMD - Live In Berlin again, a cracking live CD.

Following that Metamatic!

S
S
David Bowie - Buddha Of Suburbia & 1.Outside

I did my shopping spree online at the weekend & these were the first two to arrive. I did check out my local hmv but prices are shocking. I used to love going round my local record shops & spending ages looking at the covers etc & chatting with the owners. Those days have gone now & I suppose online trading has played a large part in that & it's very much the cheaper option nowadays. There are still a couple of smaller record shops (don't think they're called that anymore) I visit but it's harder to pick up the things I want there now.
Going back to the two albums , both are very good , different styles but very enjoyable.

Kraftwerk's "The Man Machine" album, the first Kraftwerk album I bought in 1979!

Not quite sure what's happening but I enjoyed listening to the Rolling Stones (60's mind) this morning.

Midlife crisis? ;-p

Administrator
Administrator
Originally Posted By: MemberD
Not quite sure what's happening but I enjoyed listening to the Rolling Stones (60's mind) this morning.

Coool. I really like their first few 'bluesy' albums. Up to Sticky Fingers etc

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 689 of 753 1 2 687 688 689 690 691 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.