Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Cheers bob et al - it was a real fun thing to do and got me back into birds at a fundamental level. I understand and appreciate them far more now than when I was a twiggler (twitcher). Common birds have taken on a new dimension, and I feel so much more 'connected'.

Keep following the blog as I'm still going. 112 in Southampton for the year now.

And today I've added a poem what I wrote

http://birdingwithpassion.blog.com/2011/07/13/the-poetry-of-summer/

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
I must admit, it's been a while since I looked at your blog, having thought it may have gone quiet after you reached your target. I'll try and find time to pop in today and have a look, see what I've missed.

The poem is superb, I really like it. I particularly liked the line "The Linnets that we overlook" because I know only too well that birders often get so excited about the 'specials' they're looking for that they tend to forget how beautiful the 'common' ones are. The final three lines are stunning!

Let me reply with a poem what I recently wrote on Born Poets (a poetry forum to which I subscribe at) about our old friend the Ovambo Sparrowhawk, who recently returned to the pylons to 'thin out the numbers' of the LBJ's that frequent our gardens. The challenge for the day was to write an eight line poem (and yes, it was inspired by Bowie's song of that name, my idea), so here it is.

The Sparrow And The Hawk

Overcast day, silent and grey,
sits on his hunting perch scanning for prey.
Still as a rock, eyeing the flock
seeking a target on which he can lock.
King of the sky, glint in his eye,
watches for little birds passing him by.
Sparrow flies past, victim at last,
aerial predator lethal and fast.

ΤΏΤ

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.