Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
T
In a rare receptive mood I have enjoyed Cathedral Oceans I in its entirety, but I normally enjoy it only for two or three tracks and then begin to grow bored of it. So I have never bothered to get to hear the two follow ups. However, it must have been a magical experience to see Cathedral Oceans III performed in a glade/clearing with the images projected as a backdrop. I think that would have put a whole new perspective on the music for me and I really wish I could have been there.

Administrator
Administrator
I'd suggest that CO3 is the best of the trilogy and seems to be the culmination of the idea. Its consideraby more varied and has more vocal tracks than CO1 - up there among John's Top 3 best albums.

CO2 is the darkest and most 'different' piece, but none the woerse for that

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
My opinion is that CO1 was the best and and for that reason released first. By the third, CO3 the veriation was only for the purpose of not repeating the best or second. I agree that CO2 is the darkest of the three.

C
C
Thanks Rob for the pics and tracklisting.

One question, did John and Louis perform A New Kind Of Man as in the single version?

Cheers!
Chris wink

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
Thanks Rob for the pics and tracklisting.
No problem... wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
One question, did John and Louis perform A New Kind Of Man as in the single version?
No, it was the album version - least ways, that's what it sounded like to me... wink

Rob

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.