Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18
#36907 05/29/09 02:17 PM
F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
Playing this one a lot. Estrellita is still my favourite track from the album and ranks as one of the best tracks he's written.

Chris wink
I agree with you Chris

#36908 05/30/09 07:12 AM
Satday mornin, sun is shinin, playin 'Mirrorball' for the first time.
Drinkin my cup of tea.
Lookin back at my life as an echo ...
smile

#36909 06/01/09 09:30 PM
F
F
Heeft 'tie er zo lang over gedaan? of heb je zo lang gewacht met bestellen? laugh

#36910 06/02/09 09:33 AM
laugh Ik wilde ze alle 3 tegelijk bestellen bij de plaatselijke recordstore (Bullit eindhoven) en moest nog ff wachten tot dat kon.
Afgelopen vrijdag ben ik 'Mirrorball' stom toevallig tegen gekomen bij Fame amsterdam (boxenkoopavond; tip als je met veel korting leuke dingen wil inslaan). En heb 'm meteen gekocht natuurlijk!

#36911 06/11/09 06:31 PM
C
C
Mirrorball

Today I was reminded afresh all over again why John’s music was so important to me when I first discovered it.

I finally got to play Mirrorball for the first time since receiving the CD several weeks ago, this was the only opportunity I’ve had so far, a few weeks past I moved from living in the city, to living some distance outside in a village now. It’s a longer commute, but it’s a better situation, and I no longer have to put up with a whole host of problems that seemed to have been part and parcel of living in a flat in the town for so much of my life. So Mirrorball has arrived at a transitional time for me, still living out of boxes, and I’ve not played any music since the move as I wanted this new album to be the thing to hear and associate with being in a new place. As I gazed out at the garden (crikey, a garden!) with the sounds of Mirrorball playing out under the changeable skies, instantly I fell in love with the album.

Last week in my misery of waiting to hear the CD, I looked at some of the personal reviews posted on Amazon, most are very favourable, one or two dismissive, but I don’t care, should we care? nope! everything in this album works, yes I could say maybe its not what I’d imagine it would turn out to be, and yet, well it actually really is. John and Robin have made something wonderful, seemingly a long time coming, and maybe to them as skilled artists its all just in a days work, a beautiful child from a beautiful partnership. If this album had come out all those years ago back in the day, well, I’d have raved about it to all and sundry, as it is, my immediate thoughts were that it fulfilled the promise that In Mysterious Ways never quite did for me, for here is John clearly in love, in love with life, this album for me is ‘the’ true successor to The Garden.

As the music echoed around the house where I now live, I was glad I’d waited to christen the new place with the sounds of Mirrorball, one play through so far, but I’m captivated, well done John and Robin.

#36912 06/12/09 07:05 AM
OP Offline
Enjoyed your comment a lot and agree with the most. For me Mirrorball is one of the best albums John ever made until today. Estrellita have the quality for a summer hit for my opinion. The whole album is an absolutely pleasure to listen to. John and Robin made a great job!

I can understand what you meaning with leaving the town. I did the same last year and I'm happy with it ( and can enjoy a garden too now smile ) Wish you much pleasure in your new home! wink

Andreas

#36913 06/12/09 08:27 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Great comments on Mirrorball.

Interestingly for me though, as time goes by and I get more familiar with John's releases this year, Mirrorball is marginally the least appealing of the three at the moment

I'd say A Secret Life is my current favourite.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#36914 07/13/09 04:42 PM
Honestly, I don't know whether to be mad or frown about what just happened. I was in the record store and could not believe my eyes when I saw a copy of Mirrorball. Picked it up and proceeded to the cashier when I noticed the price. It was $21.99 !! eek

Then something happened that hardly ever happens with me.............I put it back and left the store empty handed.

#36915 07/14/09 12:52 AM
US$21.99? That's not bad. When Shifting City and Cathedral Oceans came out, I got a local record store to order them for me. They cost C$45 each. At that time, that was probably around US$30 to US$35.

#36916 07/14/09 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
Picked it up and proceeded to the cashier when I noticed the price. It was $21.99 !! eek
Buy.com has it for US $15.88 including shipping:

http://www.buy.com/prod/mirrorball/q/loc/109/210866417.html

Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.