Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Great review Core - I must admit My Lost City has slightly overshadowed this album in my listening, which is a shame on my part as it's an album I've really looked forward to since I heard snatches of it at Cargo. Your review reminded me that this is a really special album and I really will have to give it more attention.

Gazza

Having received the CD's yesterday, I stared at this one (A Secret Life) and wondered what to do with it.

In my heart, I knew it would be best listened to in a quiet room on a darn good stereo (are they still called that these days?). I don't have one now, and acoustics in my house are awful. I put on the i-pod (with Mirrorball that came at the ame time) and had a go at listening to it whilst running on a treadmil at the gym. No! No good. Then, back in the office I was getting distracted by many things and couldn't focus. Out comes the i-pod and in no time I was through the whole album and had finished the tasks I was trying to complete. It had an interesting ability to keep me calm and collected. I found myself drawn into the sounds but still able to focus on my work. It was filling empty slots in my brain but wasn't ousting anything.

I listened to it twice.

I can identify with the thread that says there isn't enough of this - I agree. I also think that it won't work for everyone, but that isn't a concern, as it really works for me!

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.