Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I haven't ordered this album, or My Lost City. From what I have read, I don't think the musical styles would appeal to me. I will reserve final judgement until I actually hear some of the tracks (and of course read the reviews that you fine people will no doubt be posting).

C
C
Anything from John Foxx I'll religiously buy. Not only for the music and lyrics (where relevant) but for the artwork that graces his CDs.

He's at the fore-front of synth music, always very avant-garde and arty, very tasty like champagne. laugh

Chris wink

I will rely on the comments here to decide whether I buy too!

C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
The only comparison I can make at the moment is with Cliff Martinez's soundtrack to "Solaris".
I really like that soundtrack and it fits the emotion of the film so well, is this a recommendation for me to get 'A Secret Life', though I think I need to hear a few samples first, hopefully some might appear on Johns MySpace page..?

A Secret Life gets a glowing review in this months Wire magazine (issue 302). The review is by Mark Fisher who wrote the sleevenotes for Glimmer

C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
A Secret Life gets a glowing review in this months Wire magazine (issue 302)...
just read it, I remain intrigued, but my brain is deaf and it didnt help my ears!
I need to hear more samples... please laugh

Administrator
Administrator
This album sounds absolutely fascinating and will be a intriguing follow-up to My Lost City.

The text of Mark Fisher's review as published in Wire is online now at thequietman.co.uk

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Administrator
Administrator
There's an interview with Steve Jansen here (from November 2008):

http://www.davidsylvian.it/interviste/2008-davidsylvianit-interview-with-steve-jansen

Apologies if this has been posted before.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
N
N
Received mine from Townsend this morning.

C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by nap-ster:
Received mine from Townsend this morning.
oh!!!

okay, I know its only a couple of hours since you posted but any chance of a review? presuming you've had a chance to listen to it yet laugh I'd love to hear some opinions on it smile

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.