Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hi Rob,

Have you received any of my PMs I've sent you, regarding the website artwork? I'm beginning to think I've done something wrong! wink

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Ishikawa:
Hi Rob,

Have you received any of my PMs I've sent you, regarding the website artwork? I'm beginning to think I've done something wrong! wink
Yes I have received your message - PM me with your telephone number and I'll give you a shout... wink

Rob

Fantastic!

PM incoming...

Since experiencing John's Quiet Man performance last week, I've ben listening to Translucence pretty much non-stop. It seems to make much more sense now... just like the use of the music during John's narrative on The Hidden Man.

Anyway I'm now curious to know more about the making of Translucence and Drift Music... when did John and Harold first start writing the music? Did they record in any unusual locations? All those kind of questions. Why did they choose to collaborate? Why this particular style etc....

Anyone?

Thanks for reminding me about this Alex! wink

So, any luck finding the artwork Rob? smile

Yes, would be nice to know some informations about these albums. I listen to them from time to time and I love them more than I did as they were released. This has certainly to do with I begin to prefer John's quiet music. Perhaps I'm old now... laugh eek

Translucence works perfect for a Sunday morning breakfast.
It would be interesting to see a gig John is performing only piano music. Would be a break to the other shows - but I would be there if he would do that.

Looking forward to the Robin Guthrie collaboration...

Me too. I'm curious to know if the Guthrie (and indeed Jansen) collaborations will be vocal or instrumental albums...

If it sounds similar to what Robin Guthrie did together with Harold Budd in Brighton 2005 - I think it will be a wonderful album.

Same for Steve Jansen. Two great musicians - we can all be curios of which music they done together with John. I'm sure it will be fantastic!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.