Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#36008 03/14/07 11:45 AM
OP Offline
This was posted a few days ago on Robin Guthrie's blog;

"I'm now in the process of getting everything together for release in the summer so I'll post an update whenever I have some concrete dates..."

Guthrie is currently in the process of mastering the album. He's not mentioned the recordings he made with John, Bill Nelson and Steve Jansen in a while.

OP Offline
The new album from Robin Guthrie and Harold Budd is...now TWO albums from Robin Guthrie and Harold Budd! laugh

A collection of eighteen pieces of music compiled into two albums entitled 'After The Night Falls' and 'Before The Day Breaks' Guthrie describes them as "...experiments in the dualities of music and emotion..." Both albums should be out this summer.

Gazza

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
The new album from Robin Guthrie and Harold Budd is...now TWO albums from Robin Guthrie and Harold Budd! laugh

A collection of eighteen pieces of music compiled into two albums entitled 'After The Night Falls' and 'Before The Day Breaks' Guthrie describes them as "...experiments in the dualities of music and emotion..." Both albums should be out this summer.
This is excellent news... wink

Rob

T
T
I'm just glad they still exist: all that airport malarkey in his blog had me worried for a moment.

OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
I'm just glad they still exist: all that airport malarkey in his blog had me worried for a moment.
ME TOO! eek His blog is hilarious - I always look forwrd to the next instalment.

OP Offline
Both albums are now available to Pre-Order at: http://www.darla.com/ CDs are $12 each (available from 11 June). Here's the track listings:

NIGHT: 1. How Distant Your Heart 2. Avenue of Shapes 3. Seven Thousand Sunny Years 4. She is My Strength 5. Inside, a Golden Echo 6. Open Book 7. And Then I Turned Away 8. The Girl with the Colourful Thoughts 9. Turn Off the Sun.

DAY: 1. How Close Your Soul 2. A Formless Path 3. A Minute, A Day, No More 4. She is My Weakness 5. Outside, Silence 6. Hidden Message 7. I Returned Her Glance 8. My Monochrome Vision 9. Turn on the Moon.

ROBIN GUTHRIE & HAROLD BUDD - After The Night Falls CD
http://www.darla.com/catalog/search.asp?id=12216

ROBIN GUTHRIE & HAROLD BUDD - Before The Day Breaks CD
http://www.darla.com/catalog/search.asp?id=12217

Gazza

T
T
It is interesting, is it not, that these are being packaged and sold separately? It doesn't make a lot of difference to me though: a few more pennies to shell out but a bit more artwork hopefully.

Administrator
Administrator
It is indeed.
About as odd as 'Translucence' and 'Drift Music' being packaged together...

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
T
T
Absolutely!

T
T
Has anyone else heard these yet?

I am almost at daybreak and am very impressed with what I have heard. They remind me in particular of Plateaux of Mirror, Drift Music and Eno's Apollo.

There are (whisper it) even some drums on a couple of the tracks.

L
L
My copy of "After the Night falls" just arrived yesterday-its very typical of their work,sublime and gorgeous.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.