Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Louis is appearing on the Dave Charles show on 102.3 HFM (Leicestershire) from 8pm on Sunday 10th May.

He'll be performing a couple of acoustic numbers live on air, playing his new single "This Air" and there'll be lots of chat about his solo material and of course his work with John Foxx.

Tune in online:

http://www.harboroughfm.co.uk/listen/index.htm

Thanks for that Vox. This guy did an interview with Andy McCluskey of OMD recently and it is up on his myspace . Perhaps he'll do the same for Louis.

OP Offline
Absolutely, I enjoyed the Andy McCluskey interview, (nice man). I think Louis may well be on Dave Charles' myspace at a later date but you'll have to listen to the show to hear any music. He removes songs from his clips to stay on the right side of the law wink

However, if we can get a tape off the station, we'll certainly make it available via the toffeetones website (music included).

Shaun cool

Cheers for that Shaun,workin as usual on Sunday night so I'll miss it otherwise

Ok thanks Shaun. Will be good to listen to some of his banter as well as the music!

OP Offline
You're ALWAYS working Will. You need to take it a bit easy mate wink

No worries if you can't catch it live on Sunday via the HFM website, I'll definitely put what I can on the toffeetones site and report back to Metamatic with a link.

Spoiler alert:

Its obvious they're going to play a JF & LG track to introduce him so I've asked them to play Freeze Frame... because it's STONKING! laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Vox Humana:

[b]Spoiler alert:

Its obvious they're going to play a JF & LG track to introduce him so I've asked them to play Freeze Frame... because it's STONKING! laugh [/b]
YOH! laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Vox Humana:
[QB] You're ALWAYS working Will. You need to take it a bit easy mate wink
Tell me about it mate frown laugh

Hi. I must mention that HFM is my local station based in Market Harborough. I’m always requesting JF tracks, but as yet, he’s not on their system, he’s always on the ‘to do’ list! I’m going to loan them my own copy of ‘Glimmer’ and make sure they upload it to their system!
I phoned Dave Charles earlier to ask if I could nip down to the studio and grab an autograph and photo or 3 with Louis and he said I’m quite welcome to come and sit in the studio while Louis is being interviewed and playing live! He’s just got to get the ok from Louis first though if he’s ok with ‘groupies’ (ahem!) in the studio while he’s playing. He also mentioned Louis is staying at a local hotel and will probably be performing (with guitar!) in the bar later. I shall try and be there!
laugh

Administrator
Administrator
Wow - good luck with this.

If it's anything like my own experience of meeting Louis, and others on this forum, you'll be very welcome and in for a treat.

I look forward to hearing the show - Louis is a great guy!

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Way to go John. I, too have met Louis in person and he is a great guy indeed. cool

F
F
for those who want to record this, do the following;

install VLC (Videolan Client, the ultimate freeware mediaplayer) available at : http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

Steps after this;

1. Start it.
2. On the top bar Click MEDIA, there select CONVERT/SAVE
3. Following this you'll see 4 options FILE/DISC/NETWORK/CAPTURE DEVICE...select NETWORK here.
4. in the Adress bar you paste http://www.mybroadbandradio.com/asx/listen.asx?station=HFM
5. the protocol automatically changes to http, the port to 1234.
6. click CONVERT / SAVE at the bottom
and select the saving options.

On the top you'll see OUTPUTS, activate both PLAY LOCALLY & FILE boxes.
Type a Filename and a location with loads of space (just to be sure wink ).
At PROFILE you select MP3.
The rest of the options grey-out.

It'll look like this.

At the end click SAVE and it should start playing (if not, press the play icon) through your speakers & at the same time it will dump the stream as a 128 kbps MP3.

When the program finishes you just press the stop icon.

Have fun!
fons

Administrator
Administrator
Listen from 7.30 too - Shaun and MAtt on as well, AKA Toffeetones Records

Go guys - all the best with this cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
F
F
Was a nice one Shaun! thanks for the tip laugh
I managed to record the whole thing, anyone who has interest let me know.

Greetings,
fons

OP Offline
Thanks to everyone who listened and emailed in to the show. We had a great time as you probably heard. Louis was on top form and had us all creased up with El Bummo! Dave Charles (the DJ) did his best not crack up but take it from me, it was a sight to see with him covering his face with tears of stifled laughter rolling down laugh

Anyway, we got plenty of video footage of the show being broadcast and hope to get some clips online asap.

Shaun

F
F
For those concerned wink
The downloaded size of the radioshow is 166.532 KB (at least that is what it is here), so you know what you should have when done smile

fons

Administrator
Administrator
This was an excellent feature - Louis was on air for the best part of an hour.
Though the show opened with a Foxx track and a short anecdote of their meeting up, it was otherwise very much about Louis' new solo career, the forthcoming album 'Electric Shock Treatment' and his relationship with Toffeetones. He played a couple of wacky songs live - Fishing My life Away' and 'El Bummo' - and there was an exclusive broadcast of his new single 'This Air' as well as 'Occupants' and 'Strange Individuals'.

He came across well, lively, funny and very 'real' - a genuinely good guy who deserves the success coming his way.

Way to go, Louis. More power to your elbow cool

I must echo what Shaun and Martin have said. I managed to meet Louis and Dave Charles before the show and Louis is a great guy. Genuine and very friendly. He signed loads of stuff for me and I even got a hug! eek I asked him if he and John had any more recordings planned, and he said that at the moment, No! He is busy with his solo work and John is busy with his other collaborations. But as soon as John gets bored with them, no doubt he'll be back on the phone to me! wink
I must share an email I've just had from Dave as well.. im in from midnight Friday first off with two hours of foxx numan etc etc…el bummo I was in fits of laughter…..the show was videoed so watch out for it,… Dave also mentioned he would try and get John on the show as well. laugh

OP Offline
Hey John, I was that bloke that came downstairs with Louis so nice to meet ya mate... good job you brought your own pen eh? laugh

Eek! My apologies Shaun! I'd only seen a pic of Dave on HFM's website and I assumed it was him! eek It was nice to meet you anyway! I just wish I'd got a few photo's as well. frown Next time....

OP Offline
Got some media links for you now for anyone who wants them:

Photo's from the radio show are on my myspace page at http://www.myspace.com/dubsoundsuk

Video footage from the interview is up on youtube.

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

PLUG! Don't forget you can pre-order the new single "This Air" from www.toffeetones.com END PLUG! smile

Some great photo's there Shaun. It looked like you were having a blast in the studio, and the video's go to prove it. I managed to record all the Louis interview on my MP3 player, so I've got my own little bit of history to listen back to whenever I want! laugh

superb stuff!! Great to see Louis havin fun and El Bummo was great smile

Nice work there Shaun. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.