Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Dear members of the forum.

Love at first sight, and first heard.
I have just enjoyed the gig of John and Louis in Japan this time.
His play was so energetic and beautiful that we were all charmed by Louis.
Most fans have not known much about him before he came to play together with John.

So, I would like to ask you to let me reach information about Louis Gordon, or if you can, can you give me a very brief background and musical career.

First question is, this is really popular topic among Ultravox station community members,

How do we pronouncce Louis?
We apt to take Louis as RUISU or RUI in typical Japanese pronouciing way.
Do we need to call Louis with s or without s?
Funny, but important question needed answer.

because we all like to call him rightly when he comes back to Japan again. confused

John calls him loo-ee (Louis) in interviews so i think that's how its pronounced.

He has his own Myspace page.There is some info there:-

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=82835796

Brian

OP Offline
Hi, Brian.
thanks for the information.
When John introduced Louis to us, some of the fans seemed noticed the pronounciation Loo-ee, but I couldn't.
moreovr, L sound is difficult to hear and say for us too.
I will try to call Louis aloud rightly as you informed me. thanks. I will reach for the site.

Of course, it is a situation not helped by the absence of Louis' name on the flyers, posters, and tickets! The gig was labelled under John's name only - a bit sad.

Still, nice to see that it looked like all the CD's he brought over had sold out (great news - should have packed more!), and a number of fans went up to him afterwards to greet him.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.