Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Don''t forget the other Louis album "Closed Gone Fishing". It's another great album. Not in the electric mould of "Blind Anorexic" but more of a laidback Bowie, Lennon, Bolan feel. Great stuff.

Alas, the 'Deep Electic Blue' EP was a limited edition so unless more are pressed it's one that got away. I think I probably got one of the last copies. Both DEB and CGF were privately produced releases.

Here's the original news page on the Metamatic site - http://www.metamatic.com/zNewsdocs/news200606.html

It's shame Louis's own website disappeared and the Cirus Girls site. They just have a MySpace page.

Cheers,

Ian

Got my copy yesterday.
I listened to it twice and I have to say it is not bad, but I prefer more his other site of music which is to hear on Closed Gone Fishing ( which I can play up and Down - Great!) and Goodbye Walnut Road.
4 songs are from the Deep Electric Blue EP but I hoped for different versions.
Oustanding tracks for me until yet:
Girl with a Voltage
Jailbeat
Blind Anorexic
Strange Individuals

I not so familar with this 14minute track thing like Return of the red eye . For me some minutes too long.
But all in all a nice album. It would be interesting if Louis had ever thought to make a support gig before his show with John. This would be a great evening for my opinion... smile

wink Andreas

Not forgetting the haunting Space Age Love Song:

Space Age Love Song video

mongrel

Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Man:
It would be interesting if Louis had ever thought to make a support gig before his show with John. This would be a great evening for my opinion... smile
Hear, hear! This would be a fantastic idea.

I would also absolutely love to hear John and Louis work some of this into their set, with John just adding squeaks and squelches here and there in a remix kind of way.

And interesting Andreas, you have picked out totally different tracks to me to like the best

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
I think the “Blind Anorexic" is a grower. Meaning you have to invest a bit of time and play the album several times. If you can do that you will be rewarded. No instant gratification on this album I feel. To me this is a good thing. Some albums you immediately like tend to lack longevity. I don’t feel there is any truly standout track, but it’s a great collection of electro explorations.

I do love "See you in the morning" Louis's track on the Recliner Vol 1 CD. Another grower smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:

Matt, is there any chance that you'll be selling the Deep Electric Blue EP? cool It's the only one I've missed out on his releases.

Cheers!
Chris wink
Hi Chris
No plans as yet for releasing CGF or DEB.
But.... there are plans for another release from Louis later this year.
Matt

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.