Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#35438 04/24/07 06:14 PM
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Jazz:
Shadowman, wish you luck tracking copies of the Luxuria albums down. Just did a search of Amazon.co.uk, there are second hand copies available, well one of each frown

oh, by the way here's what the wikipedia has to say about Devoto. There are gaping holes i'm sure;

[URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Devoto][/URL]
Thanks a lot for the link Johnny!!!!!
Great site. I enjoyed it a lot!!!! Very informative and great photos of Luxuria.
I'm sure I get their CD's one day....
wink

Andreas smile

#35439 04/25/07 07:48 PM
As an interesting coda, one of the tracks Robin has added guitar to for the forthcoming Dave Formula solo album will feature Howard Devoto on vocals. Dave is also adding keyboards to tracks on our next album. Robin will appear live with AjantaMusic at Namaste at Las Dalias on Ibiza on Wed 27th June 2007. We invite you to Ibiza!

#35440 04/26/07 12:06 PM
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Simon:
As an interesting coda, one of the tracks Robin has added guitar to for the forthcoming Dave Formula solo album will feature Howard Devoto on vocals. Dave is also adding keyboards to tracks on our next album. Robin will appear live with AjantaMusic at Namaste at Las Dalias on Ibiza on Wed 27th June 2007. We invite you to Ibiza!
Och thats a pity, I arrive opn the 7th of July... Oh well.

Davy

#35441 04/26/07 01:55 PM
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Simon:
As an interesting coda, one of the tracks Robin has added guitar to for the forthcoming Dave Formula solo album will feature Howard Devoto on vocals.
Great info Paul!!!
Thanks a lot - looking forward to it!! smile

Do you have any plans to play in Germany one day?

#35442 05/26/07 12:27 PM
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Man:
Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Jazz:
[b] Shadowman, wish you luck tracking copies of the Luxuria albums down. Just did a search of Amazon.co.uk, there are second hand copies available, well one of each frown

oh, by the way here's what the wikipedia has to say about Devoto. There are gaping holes i'm sure;

[URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Devoto][/URL]
Thanks a lot for the link Johnny!!!!!
Great site. I enjoyed it a lot!!!! Very informative and great photos of Luxuria.
I'm sure I get their CD's one day....
wink

Andreas smile [/b]
Now I have both albums and have to say: GREAT!!!
smile I love them a lot, both - playing them up and down every day the last time.
I'm a bit more into the BEAST BOX at the moment. These albums are the perfect follow-up sound after Magazine's split. Sad they only did two albums.
GREAT STUFF!!! Thanks for letting me know about it!

wink , Andreas

#35443 05/26/07 04:07 PM
C
C
Quote:

Shadow Man

Me too. But the older ones includes the Lyrics!! - the remasters includes some text about the recording period of each album + the bonus tracks.

Jerky Versions was a disappointing remaster. Take a look at what should have been the remaster... Oh! I donīt know :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HOWARD-DEVOTO-JERK...1QQcmdZViewItem

My copy on an another listing is on its way. Thanks to ebay. A real treasure trove!

Chris C wink

#35444 05/26/07 05:17 PM
OP Offline
A really interesting item!

Would be keen to listen to the Peel Session. I own a Cd with the complete Peel Sessions of Magazine and that CD is Great!!!
I like to listen to the Peel Session recordings.The ones from Ultravox and OMD are great too - like this live studio sound.

Hope this CD comes into the shops soon... wink

Cheers, Andreas

#35445 08/28/08 04:01 AM
F
F
i read in shotbybothsides Robin and Howard were writing song during the tour (while Simon was a member). What happened to these songs. I think they were ignored, because the last album "Magic Murder And The Weather" included songs John McGeoch and Robin's replacement Ben Mandelson wrote. what happened with those songs? I'd like to know.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.