Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 753 1 2 3 4 752 753
J
J
MLINBOG is one of the ten best albums of the 80s. They were sampling a good five years before sampling became fashionable. Influence aside, it's just a damn good album. I never tire of it. "Mea Culpa" and "The Jezebel Spirit" are great at scaring away the bland normals in your life.

The Archive
The Archive
I also like My Life in the Bush of Ghosts - a genuinely unsettling album to listen to - absolutely excellent. wink

Other than that, I've been listening to heaps of Tangerine Dream and Brian Eno's Apollo : Atmospheres and Soundtracks.

Rob

Quote:
Originally posted by Cromlech:
Hi EG

[b]MLITBOG
is a wash-the-work-from-my-head fave.

"The Jezebel Spirit" and "Number 8" have particulalrly nice aural massaging techniques at their disposal...

smile

PS: Did I really just type the last sentence?? Got to lay off the mince pies... [/b]
Yes, you did. Saying that, I used to have colleagues who went to places that offered that sort of experience and in all fairness, it was fine until trying to justify it on their monthly expenses. The explanation that it was just something to do with the head got them into all sorts of trouble, let me tell you...

ooo - mince pies. Got to go!...

(wwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooossssssssssshhhhhhhhhh....)

wink

EG
x

J
J
I once entered a place offering something called "Indian Head Massage." Thank God the masseur wasn't Indian, and think God he kept his mouth shut.

In all fairness, I did - very carefully - say 'aural'.

'Tis the Season, etc

wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Cromlech:
[b]Brian Eno: 'King's Lead Hat" and "Taking Tiger Mountain (by strategy)".

Later: "Music for Airports"...

This evening: "Stop Making Sense" by Talking Heads

It's that kind of day...

smile [/b]
I just got Brian Eno's Another Green World on cd; I have it on vinyl and have not heard it in years!!!

Administrator
Administrator
You're in for a treat.

I LOVE this album - it's one of the biggest influences on some early Ultravox stuff, and Eno's best 'vocal' album IMHO

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
J
J
It's one of my favorites, too.

A confession: I put it on whenever I play Dig Dug. It's an oddly appropriate soundtrack for killing Pookas and Fygars. Eno's not even dead, but he's dug himself a grave so he can roll in it.

I remember playing it nonstop...............St Elmo's Fire especially. I cannot wait to give it a listen.

Right now I am going to go over some Numan stuff before retiring for the evening..

Page 2 of 753 1 2 3 4 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.