Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I managed to eat into my wish list and got the following:

The Kluster/Cluster collection from Klopfzeichen (one with Konrad Schnitzler, founder member of Tangerine Dream) to Begegnungen II

The BBC Radiophonic Workshop albums (their second's not available on CD) including Electric Storm and the 4 Doctor Who volumes. Tommorrow People is arriving late!

The rare Wunderbar CD from Wolfgang Riechmann

David Bowie's documentary DVD on the Berlin Triology.

and something very Christmasy :
ABC - The Lexicon of Love (Deluxe Edition CD)
ABC - The Look of Love (Parts 1-4 CDR)

Cathedral Oceans 3 DVD didn't make it on time!

Ah! John and Louis' T-shirt too.

Chris C laugh

J
J
My friends (what friends?) and family wouldn't dare buy me music. They realize I'm far too particular.

But here's what I *did* get for Jesus' birthday:

--A vintage NES with a smattering of games, including SUPER MARIO BROS. 1-3, THE LEGEND OF ZELDA, HUDSON'S ADVENTURE ISLAND, and POPEYE.
--A rip-off NES/Famicom clone replete with 76 pre-installed games.
--DVD editions of ISLE OF THE DEAD/BEDLAM, RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD 2, the FRANKENSTEIN, WOLF MAN, and MUMMY "Legacy" collections.

The Nintendo games are making me feel 8 again. If I play my cards right, I'll get really fat again, too.

The newest Depeche Mode remasters, Bjork, Brian Eno and Marilyn Manson.

J
J
Nice to know I'm not the only Manson fan in these parts. Antichrist Superstar was the second CD I purchased. The first was Bowie's Earthling. My tastes have pretty much branched out from those two guys.

Must admit that sometimes I enjoy Marilyn Manson's covers more than his originals..

J
J
Actually, I'm getting a little sick of the covers. "Sweet Dreams" and "Down in the Park" were okay, but he seems hellbent on covering every new wave song ever written. Five years from now, he'll be covering A Flock of Seagulls' "Who's That Girl? (She's Got It)."

Mechanical animals is a brilliant album. Have kind of moved away from the heavy industrial scene although the last nine inch nails album was good.

M
M
Quote:
and something very Christmasy :
ABC - The Lexicon of Love
That's true. For some reason "The Lexicon of Love" has a very christmasy feel.

I bought Thomas Dolby's "The Sole Inhabitant" CD & DVD to be christmas peresents for myself. I waited until Christmas evening before watched the DVD. Gig was excellent but there was a real surprise when I watched the interview: there are few pictures shown during interview and two of them were taken by me!!

J
J
I love The Lexicon of Love. "The Look of Love," with all its strings, horns, samples, and charmingly bombastic production flourishes, never fails to send chills down my spine.

I read once that Simple Minds originally wanted Trevor Horn to produce New Gold Dream. Peter Walsh did a great job, but I'm sure Horn's realization would've been quite something.

None.

I can't trust anyone to pick music for me.

I DID buy myself "from trash" (Signed), "live from a room", and "sideways" just before Xmas, though...

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.