Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21
F
F
I really really like the new video edit to accompany the Sinister Subway mix of Underpass - it's marvellously well edited - really makes me smile - the pacing and placing of all those clips of John swinging his arms about is spot on - the bits of No-one Driving spun in just right...! smile

At the same time I do feel a little dubious about the "black and white version" we've been given for the original underpass - bah humbug! lol I don't really like revisionism, and they've taken out all the kids and the shopping trolleys! lol Kraftwerk did similar naughty things to their videos to remove Flür and Bartos.

Just got my copy today. Played through the DVD, and the 5.1 mix startled the hell out of one of our cats. Not convinced it's really the wave of the future, but that moment was entertaining, at least...

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Roby:
Just got my copy today. Played through the DVD, and the 5.1 mix startled the hell out of one of our cats. Not convinced it's really the wave of the future, but that moment was entertaining, at least...
laugh Lol
If you like cats, you must see the movie 'Black Cat White Cat'.
By the way: my footballclub, PSV Eindhoven, bought the Canadian Hutchinson. Big fella with lungs like an elephant!

Administrator
Administrator
Just heard the early version of Burning Car.

No-one mentioned the lyrics are also 'early'. eek

Nice surprise - I find it fascinating to be able to hear how these tracks have developed.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
F
F
I enjoyed the early version of Burning Car a lot.

It strikes me that this is what a lot of the demos probably sounded like until John Barker was brought in to play them properly wink
(e.g. the 'nasty' bass synth on the Burning Car demo is all over the place! I presume that's just John gleefully making a mess with it)

Okay, got mine yesterday.
Listened to CD1 today, and it's coherent put together. Love it.
Read the sleevenotes carefully, as it was written by Garry.
Love it Garry!
Good package all together ...
smile
Want to enjoy it step by step, so I'll wait for CD2 and the DVD to give it a spin.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lody Herst:
Okay, got mine yesterday.
Listened to CD1 today, and it's coherent put together. Love it.
Read the sleevenotes carefully, as it was written by Garry.
Love it Garry!
Good package all together ...
smile
Want to enjoy it step by step, so I'll wait for CD2 and the DVD to give it a spin.
Aw - cheers! laugh

Can't take all the credit though; despite my scribbles it's a lovely package! wink

M
M
Postman (or -woman) delivered me 'Metatronic' today. I haven't listened or watched it yet but enjoyed reading Garry's rather excellent sleevenotes.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Normall:
Postman (or -woman) delivered me 'Metatronic' today. I haven't listened or watched it yet but enjoyed reading Garry's rather excellent sleevenotes.
Cheers guv!

N
N
The 5.1 mix is excellent! The sound quality on the other 2 CD's is outstanding. I'm guessing due to the remastering?

Are the DVD videos the same as on the Virgin Vault
VHS? I have a copy of the VHS somewhere but no player anymore.

Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.