Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#32895 08/11/10 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
This is now available as a [b]FREE DOWNLOAD direct from Townsend Records

http://www.townsend-records.co.uk/artist.php?artist=John+Foxx

All you have to do is register for an account. And if you have an account already, just click the link and enter your membership details.

Super stuff - thanks John, Steve et al cool [/b]
Cheers Martin,

Got home and downloaded it...but - isn't this the same recording that was on Resonance FM "Weird Tales for Winter"? I haven't heard the Res FM version for a while but i'm sure it's the same recording.

#32896 08/11/10 11:03 AM
Quote:

Super stuff - thanks John, Steve et al cool
Totally agree Birdsong! My thanks as well to everyone! smile

#32897 08/11/10 07:36 PM
F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
[b] This is now available as a [b]FREE DOWNLOAD direct from Townsend Records

http://www.townsend-records.co.uk/artist.php?artist=John+Foxx

All you have to do is register for an account. And if you have an account already, just click the link and enter your membership details.

Super stuff - thanks John, Steve et al cool [/b]
Cheers Martin,

Got home and downloaded it...but - isn't this the same recording that was on Resonance FM "Weird Tales for Winter"? I haven't heard the Res FM version for a while but i'm sure it's the same recording. [/b]
Hi Garry,

As far as I know it is the same one.
The Resonance FM only has some additional sounds added at the front & end.

#32898 08/11/10 08:02 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
That's right.

And those additional sounds etc are not Foxxian - just the exotic pylon trademark spooky ambience and linking bits that accompanied the whoel series

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#32899 08/12/10 10:53 PM
T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy Kalish:
Very nice, indeed! I very much enjoyed how the whispy feel of John's voice and the wonderful floating background music were consistent with my mental image of the ethereal woman.

Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
[b]Also, alas, the tale is no longer available online. Has anyone got a file they could send me please? Forever in your debt and all that.
I was able to download it from fons' direct link (above). It is around 28M so I am not sure that I can email it to you. But if you are interested just message me and we can figure out a way to get it to you. [/b]
Thanks for the thought Andy, I appreciate it. Birdsong kindly furnished me with a copy in the end. For me, Weird Tales for Winter should have been Surreal Tales For Summer, but, oddly, one can sometimes feel the season more by being abstracted 6 months from it.

Thanks to the powers that be for the free download - also very much appreciated.

The piece itself certainly deserves a second chance, a wider audience, another moment in the headlines. Ambient piano, his master's voice, and a story that is mysterious, sexy, sensual, warm, chilly, spectral, everyday, slightly insane, heartbreaking, and yet strangely comforting. One of the best things John has done.

#32900 01/31/11 01:28 PM
I see Weird Tales for Winter is back again, although - alas - no Foxx-tales about.

http://weirdtales.me/hub.html

#32901 02/01/11 10:53 AM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
I see Weird Tales for Winter is back again, although - alas - no Foxx-tales about
No matter - these are really good anyways!
Thanks, I'll be tuning in

Mx

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.