Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#32050 09/16/07 08:24 PM
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
[b] Any tracks that were recorded around the time of Endlessly/Young Man, single. And/or the In The Glow period if John still has them, which I doubt.
Some of the tracks, which would've been part of the abandoned In The Glow album, have already appeared as B'Sides and extra tracks on the Endlessly and Your Dress double singles.

Rob [/b]
Thanks Rob.

Are they the original versions? Or were they re-recorded for The Golden Section album sessions?

Mark

#32051 09/16/07 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Normall:
How about Canadian "John Foxx" album? It's bascally few tracks from Metamatic, 'No-One Driving' A- and B-sides and 'My Face'. The cover is nice: the same as 'No-One Driving' double-7" but 12"-size.

Does everyone got one or two of these?
I've got one, but being Canadian, I didn't have much of a choice at the time. It took quite a few years to find a copy of Metamatic. I've got the Canadian version of The Garden, too, which has a different cover, track listing, and has another song instead of "Fusion/Fission."

#32052 09/16/07 09:30 PM
I've got the Canadian 'Metamatic'-era album too. The best thing about it is the artwork which is just the 'No-one Driving' double-pack in 12" gatefold format. Thick, heavy card though - very nice. The tracklist has no rare mixes or anything. It's only real feature was that until 'Modern Art', it had the only decent pressing of 'My Face'.

Regarding the 'In The Glow' album - shall we start crowing to get this as an extra CD on the deluxe edition of 'The Golden Section'? cool

Right, I'm off to Sister Ray to camp outside and wait for 'Metamatic'...I believe Martin may join me with a flask of coffee! :p

#32053 09/17/07 08:09 AM
The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Roby:
I've got the Canadian version of The Garden, too, which has a different cover, track listing, and has another song instead of "Fusion/Fission."
That'd be This Jungle...

The full track-listing can be found here ...

Rob

#32054 09/17/07 11:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
I'll dig 'em out in a short bit and post them here... wink
thanx already in advance , rob , as i've never seen that cover of "fusion / fission" so far !

#32055 09/17/07 11:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
It's only real feature was that until 'Modern Art', it had the only decent pressing of 'My Face'.
albeit i like the "modern art" compilation a lot , i always found it strange that the "he's a liquid" version @ the end of it sounds so way out of tune , as the speed of the tape it was copied from was obviously not consistent ! :-o

but that fault was rectified by now with the version that is on the new edition of "metamatic" ! :-)

#32056 09/17/07 11:48 AM
The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by SF Metamatrix:
Quote:
[b] I'll dig 'em out in a short bit and post them here... wink
thanx already in advance , rob , as i've never seen that cover of "fusion / fission" so far ! [/b]
I've got to be honest - I don't think that it's that big a deal - as it's identical to the regular sleeve, but with the words Fusion / Fission instead of Metamatic.

Rob

#32057 09/17/07 12:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
I've got to be honest - I don't think that it's that big a deal - as it's identical to the regular sleeve, but with the words [b]Fusion / Fission instead of Metamatic. [/b]
albeit i've almost suspected something like that , it's always nice to see a real proof that such a cover really existed - unlike the "in the glow" album , which already had a catalogue number assigned by virgin , but no real cover , afaik !?

#32058 09/17/07 12:30 PM
Quote:
Quote:
[b] I've got to be honest - I don't think that it's that big a deal - as it's identical to the regular sleeve, but with the words [b]Fusion / Fission instead of Metamatic. [/b]
albeit i've almost suspected something like that , it's always nice to see a real proof that such a cover really existed - unlike the "in the glow" album , which already had a catalogue number assigned by virgin , but no real cover , afaik !? [/b]
Robs right Olaf, theres no real difference, the most impressive covers / artwork for other releases are IMO the 'John Foxx' album with the 'no-one driving' pictures and the import picture record for 'Burning Car'.

#32059 09/17/07 12:37 PM
The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
albeit i've almost suspected something like that , it's always nice to see a real proof that such a cover really existed - unlike the "in the glow" album , which already had a catalogue number assigned by virgin , but no real cover , afaik !?
I wasn't aware (at least I don't think I was) that In The Glow had been assigned a catalogue number - what was it?

Rob

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.