Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#3194 02/22/09 01:13 PM
Hello Paul, welcome to the forum! smile
And yes, 'M' rules ... wink

#3195 03/15/09 03:51 PM
Hi all - just joined the site & am v. impressed; mainly that Mr Foxx is still getting the appreciation he so rightly deserves.

Riding the bus to work last week, I heard the first two notes of a song I've since forgotten, but thought at the time; " Oh my God... that's The Garden!"

Needless to say, I was listening to Radio One and what I had heard definitely turned out NOT to be The Garden, but it sparked off a few memories and my curious mind led me from youtube to here.
I shocked and surprised myself at how much of the lyric I could remember from Ha!Ha!Ha!, Systems of Romance and Ultravox!. Has to be at least 20 years since I last heard any of them.

The Garden is the last I heard of John's work; after that, babies and marriage kind of took over most of my time, but it's fantastic to know that there are still people out there keeping the flame alive.

Keep up the great work and I hope to catch up with some of you soon.

Big love xx

#3196 03/15/09 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sally:
Hi all - just joined the site & am v. impressed; mainly that Mr Foxx is still getting the appreciation he so rightly deserves.

Riding the bus to work last week, I heard the first two notes of a song I've since forgotten, but thought at the time; " Oh my God... that's The Garden!"

Needless to say, I was listening to Radio One and what I had heard definitely turned out NOT to be The Garden, but it sparked off a few memories and my curious mind led me from youtube to here.
I shocked and surprised myself at how much of the lyric I could remember from Ha!Ha!Ha!, Systems of Romance and Ultravox!. Has to be at least 20 years since I last heard any of them.

The Garden is the last I heard of John's work; after that, babies and marriage kind of took over most of my time, but it's fantastic to know that there are still people out there keeping the flame alive.

Keep up the great work and I hope to catch up with some of you soon.

Big love xx
Welcome to the forum Sally. laugh

You have probably watched some of the stuff I've posted on Youtube.

Brian

#3197 03/15/09 04:39 PM
Very welcome to the forum,Sally! smile

It seems you have a lot new stuff to listen to, if The Garden was the last album of John for you...

wink Andreas

#3198 03/15/09 06:12 PM
M
M
Hi Sally & welcome to the forum.

Mark

#3199 03/15/09 08:16 PM
Hi Paul and Sally. Welcome to you both.

Paul, I hate to sound like an anorak but it was actually Autumn '83 that John played Liverpool rather than '84,promoting that year's Golden Section album. It would be another ten years before he would return to the city on tour.

Sally,indeed you do have a lot of catching up to do if you lost touch with John's work after The Garden. Check out the discography section of the site to get an idea of all the releases that you have missed. Could cost you a small fortune to buy them all. People on here are always happy to recommend where you should begin.

#3200 03/16/09 02:09 AM
Hello Sally and welcome to the Forums. laugh

#3201 03/16/09 08:07 AM
Hi Sally and welcome (ladies first.. wink )

and a belated Hi and welcome to Paul - nice myspace smile .

#3202 03/16/09 04:31 PM
Hi Paul, Hi Sally and welcome to the forum!

Gazza

#3203 03/16/09 09:14 PM
I meant to say that it would be another twenty years before John would tour in Liverpool again.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.