Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Some of you may know that I am working on a new album that is imspired by John's album "Metamatic" and Gary Numan's work (Replicas & Telekon) well the first fruits of that album have been uploaded to my myspace page and btter quality files have been uploaded to my page on iCompositions. Two songs are now available "The Grey Room" (The albums title track) and "I Once Was A Machine" (A track that would n't be out of place on Numan's "Replicas album).

To listen to the songs on myspace use the link below:

2 New Foxx/Numan Inspired Songs On Myspace

You can listen to high quality files on my iCompositions page via the links below (Note you DO NOT have to be a member to listen to the tracks on there)

Gary Hunter - The Grey Room

Gary Hunter - I Once Was A Machine

Any feedback is welcome either on here or of course via Myspace.

I hope you enjoy the tracks.

Gary

Administrator
Administrator
Great stuff as usual Gary. Thanks for sharing.

I'd have to say that "I Once Was A Machine" sounds more Telekon/Pleasure Principle than Replicas to me, but its a fine tune either way!

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Great stuff as usual Gary. Thanks for sharing.

I'd have to say that "I Once Was A Machine" sounds more Telekon/Pleasure Principle than Replicas to me, but its a fine tune either way!
Thanks very much for the feedback it is appreciated.

Gary

Excellent work Mr Hunter, lov the artwork depicted to. Am I to assume this album will be instrumental? If so I shall start a campaign here and now for the inclusion of 'The Glimmer Man' smile

Hi Gary,

I absolutely love The Grey Room and that image you have used with it is fantastic!

Great stuff!!!

"I Once Was A Machine" sounds very "replicas" to me, very good tune , mate. smile

OP Offline
Thanks Alex, i'm surprised at the reaction to this song as I nearly shelved it, it has been well received on both my myspace & iCompositions pages.

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Hi Gary,

I absolutely love The Grey Room and that image you have used with it is fantastic!

Great stuff!!!

OP Offline
Spot on with your assesment it is indeed totally influenced by Numan's "Replicas" album, the whole idea started from just the basic drum pattern used on "I Nearly Married A Human" and I built the song around that.

Thanks to those that have had a listen and for the feedback it is very much appreciated.

Gary

Quote:
Originally posted by MintyTux:
"I Once Was A Machine" sounds very "replicas" to me, very good tune , mate. smile

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.