Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18
#30405 02/17/09 06:01 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Having heard Guthrie's "Lumiere" performance and got his last couple of albums - as well as being a fan of all things Cocteau - this is EXACTLY what I was expecting to hear, and I love it!

Guthrie's holding back perfectly, and John's vocal is, well, different!
Maybe Latin, maybe not-quite-words at all. Maybe some unwritten non-verbal language...

Hang on..?? seeks out Blue Bell Knoll :p

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#30406 02/18/09 10:22 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
A preview of "Estrellita" from Mirirball is now up in John's MySpace player.
There's also news of this preview at thequietman:-

http://blog.thequietman.co.uk/category/releases/

accompanied by one of the original CO images, which - at least to me - has a very "under ice" feel about it...

A larger version of the same image (entitled "CATHEDRAL OCEANS") is one of five more pictures recently added to the gallery at

http://www.myspace.com/foxxmetamatic

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#30407 02/18/09 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Having heard Guthrie's "Lumiere" performance and got his last couple of albums - as well as being a fan of all things Cocteau - this is EXACTLY what I was expecting to hear, and I love it!

Guthrie's holding back perfectly, and John's vocal is, well, different!
Maybe Latin, maybe not-quite-words at all. Maybe some unwritten non-verbal language...

Hang on..?? seeks out Blue Bell Knoll :p
Hi Martin,

I love every Cocteau Twins album and...
I loathe every Cocteau Twins album

They have to catch me at the right moment. Sometimes I'm 'Wow! What an amazing, emotional, burn burn burn of a catherine wheel music!'

And other days I'm 'Fer chrisakes woman! Would it kill you to write a bleedin' song!? It's Cleo Lane!'

All bets are off when Heaven or Las Vegas goes on though.

wink

I need to catch up on my Guthrie - still not got round to getting Imperial yet - tsk tsk.

Gazza

#30408 02/18/09 11:12 AM
Ha!Ha! Kind of always felt the same about the Cocteaus, Pearly Dewdrops Drop is fine now and then but after a bit it does tire one so.

Anyway I'm sure Guthrie is a very accomplished musician and I love what I've heard from the edit on myspace, my favourite in fact of the new stuff.

#30409 02/18/09 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
And other days I'm 'Fer chrisakes woman! Would it kill you to write a bleedin' song!? It's Cleo Lane!'
HERESY!

#30410 02/18/09 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Roby:
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
[b] And other days I'm 'Fer chrisakes woman! Would it kill you to write a bleedin' song!? It's Cleo Lane!'
HERESY! [/b]
I thought HearSay had split up... :rolleyes:

#30411 02/18/09 05:28 PM
OP Offline
I love that track!

At the first moment I felt it would fit in with In Mysterious Ways ...

WANT MORE!!!! smile

#30412 02/22/09 11:52 AM
C
C
Estrellita, little star (in Spanish) is a lovely track. Reminds me at times of The Garden.

All his collaborations so far have that special quality. There's a track with Harold Budd on mySpace and I wonder if his previously unreleased material with Budd will see the light of day...wishing on an Estrellita! wink

Chris

#30413 02/22/09 01:49 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
There's a track with Harold Budd on mySpace ... wink
It's "Adult" from Translucence that's been recently uploaded.

Interesting choice. There's some 'common ground' between this and A Secret Life...

I notice that the 'cover' image for Adult is not the Translucence cover, but a more recent 'quiet man' style piece...?

#30414 02/25/09 06:42 PM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by me:
...Reminds me at times of The Garden.

...and Cathedral Oceans. The track is up there amongst John's best. In addition to his electronics this kind of music is also his forte.

Thanks John!
Chris wink

Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.