Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
alec Offline OP
OP Offline
i really love listening to the 'metamatic' version of 'like a miracle' so much. i can't seem to get tired of it.

i like the slightly different lyrics, like

'a taste of metal in the cool of dawn' which makes me think of 'and the snow tastes of tin'

i like 'the northern wall' as much as 'old school walls.' what's a northern wall? is it just a wall to the north?

HOWEVER, is he really singing, 'some blue clothes out of focus' instead of 'some bright clothes out of focus?' this is such an image!

Administrator
Administrator
I thnk maybe 'a northern wall' could also be a reference to the north side of a wall, which is always the coldest part.

I like the way a lot of JOhn's songs have eveloved and been tweaked lyrically. LAM is a really good example

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
H
H
Quote:
Originally posted by alec:

HOWEVER, is he really singing, 'some blue clothes out of focus' instead of 'some bright clothes out of focus?' this is such an image!
It's what you see when you are picked up for being drunk and disorderly.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.