Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#25642 10/01/07 03:41 PM
too bad if SF Metamatrix really left because of this frown

#25643 10/01/07 04:58 PM
C
C
Same feeling with me. frown

He had this unique way of posting in the Forum which made him of some importance here and moreover John Foxx is his hero. I wonder if other members who post here feel the same.

Chris

#25644 10/01/07 05:04 PM
Can we close this please?

#25645 10/01/07 05:10 PM
F
F
Well we're still waiting for someone to post up some screenshots proving whether or not Wavs from the Edsel and 2007 CDs are identical bit-for-bit or not...
(although we all know they're not, of course ;-)

#25646 10/01/07 06:02 PM
Drama Queen, comes to mind.

#25647 10/02/07 11:55 AM
C
C
Not being techy, but what are the screenshots Scott posted on the New Wave forum? Don't know what they prove or disprove. I do think it's a shame this got to individual sniping, but both arguments should be welcome without resorting to insults and threats of libel.
Succinctly put RobTim, there's more important things in the world. I must admit I keep coming back this thread as it's a bit like car crash telly - Jerry Springer style - but can someone just do what F1 has suggested and put this to bed? If the new CD is different AT ALL to the old one's then an element of remastering has gone on.
Cheers

#25648 10/02/07 12:06 PM
F
F
feck knows.
He's posted spectral plots of 'a 2 second sample of "Underpass" from the new CD' (38 seconds in)
then " next shot is the exact same 2 seconds from a different CD of the song" but he doesn't say what "different CD" that is, and, hilariously, the screen shot says that this is 29 seconds in :rolleyes: so how is it "the exact same 2 seconds"?

Only later does he post a spectral plot of "the exact same seconds from the Edsel CD" (which is what he was ACTUALLY supposed to be comparing it with)...

He points out artefacts which he claims are "static pops" ... by which he implies they are "random" things which happen when the master analogue tape is playing back, and are not present on *on* it (i.e. on the recording).
I can only guess without hearing it, of course, but I suspect they're not "static pops" but actually *are* present on the original recoring and that's why they are on both CDs in the same places!

#25649 10/02/07 12:40 PM
M
M
The new double cd version of Metamatic is clearly not a copy of the 1st Edsel remaster.

The 1st Edsel release was mastered by Chris Thorpe.
The 2nd & definitive version was remastered by Dallas Simpson.

The 1st Edsel remaster is much clearer & pin sharp & more metallic sounding than the 2nd remaster, which has more bottom end to it overall. There isn't an ocean of difference really in either of the remasters, they both sound fantastic & so does the Virgin release too.

I've got all three & it's money well spent.

Time to get back to listening for enjoyment.

Olaf, come back ya banana laugh

#25650 10/02/07 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
Olaf, come back ya banana laugh [/QB]
According to his Myspace he's gone away on vacation for a few weeks so I dont think he's listening.

I hope he does come back,this place wont be the same without him.

I think the fact that his plans to come to England & see John Foxx & Thomas Dolby had been scuppered has not helped.

Anyways back on topic,life's too short to get involved in this topic so I'm staying out of it.

#25651 10/03/07 06:30 AM
M
M
Yeah, It's a real shame. Hope Olaf comes back strong & refreshed. Was hoping to see him @ the Barfly in Brum, but I shall be seeing Brian & kerry, plus the usual suspects & my good friend The Quiet Trees.

C U Sat.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.