Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#25632 10/01/07 01:02 PM
Can we CLOSE this thread please?

#25633 10/01/07 01:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'm 101% with u , feline1 , but sadly not even a clear word from rob harris would stop this scott troll from renewing his claims , as he already made clear in that other forum before , so ... he certainly jus' *lol* about us all now & makes a note to himself : "mission accomplished !" *grim*

WHAT AN ASSHOLE !!! :-/

p. s. : i jus' wish that i would NEVER have read this posting here : http://www.ultravox.org.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000540;p=1#000016 , as this was , what started the whole mess ! *sigh*

i'm indeed very sorry for taking this bait over there ! :-(

#25634 10/01/07 01:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Can we CLOSE this thread please?
seriously ... i agree , please close it & then also delete it completely as soon as possible !

a short & final note like "the new version of 'metamatic' is indeed a remaster !" by rob harris would solve this question once & for all !

thanx !

#25635 10/01/07 01:24 PM
F
F
Speak for yourself dear,
I don't spend my time making posts on message boards for people to come along and delete them on me!

#25636 10/01/07 01:25 PM
Apart from the techy side of which both F1 and Scott have put forward, it must be remembered that actual opinions are not so black or white.

The question is not as simple as has it been remastered or not. Its the degree of how much we all think the quality has been improved. For me, it could have been better but im happy enough to call this the definitive edition.
Other grey areas are, some people agree with Scott, some dont, and some of us said from the start 'everyones right to some degree'.

The most important grey is not about the cd, but this finger pointing about 'lies'. Even though Rob did say it was remastered, it may of been that he was lied too. No one person ever knows everything, even if their in a group of people working on a project. So for that reason no one person should be made responsible. And again, it may have been remastered with such a small difference from the last one, that it actually has been remastered, and no-ones lied.

So lets just get back to the techy facts which Scott, F1, (and myself to less degree on EV) have spoke about. This and an official answer from Rob is the only way forward.

Otherwise I agree with Alex, close the thread please.....

Right, back to the Chemical Brothers!!

#25637 10/01/07 01:44 PM
F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
Apart from the techy side of which both F1 and Scott have put forward, it must be remembered that actual opinions are not so black or white.
Look, not wishing to be snippy,
but you're talking bollocks - it *IS* that black or white: the guy in question made a post on that "new wave forum" where he alleged:

Quote:
I just got the Metamatic 2CD set, and I can tell you it has NOT been remastered, as previously claimed. It is just a transfer of the previous CD reissue with a few unreleased tracks added.
The simple test for whether or not this is balls or not is as I have described.
The End.

All else is blithering trolldom.

#25638 10/01/07 01:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by feline1:
I don't spend my time making posts on message boards for people to come along and delete them on me!
okay ... jus' closing it might be enough , i suppose ... & it certainly also makes me the big idiot , who started it all ( again ! ) - for everyone to see ! *sigh*

please read this thread : http://www.metamatic.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000188 , if u care !

i'm out now , as i jus' can't stand it any longer , sorry ! :-(

now HATE ME , if u want ... as i certainly deserve it by now ( SERIOUSLY ) ! :-/

#25639 10/01/07 02:01 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
[b] Apart from the techy side of which both F1 and Scott have put forward, it must be remembered that actual opinions are not so black or white.
Look, not wishing to be snippy,
but you're talking bollocks - it *IS* that black or white: the guy in question made a post on that "new wave forum" where he alleged:
The End.
[/b]
No, you misunderstood. That quote was me agreeing with you. But im saying the grey areas are 'how much of an imorovement in sound quality it is, is always up to the listener' and a certain person cannot start throwing the word 'lied' around. I also ended my post saying the techy way is the way to go.

If we start getting confusion about agreements, then it really is time to close it.

Olaf, i dont agree with you using 'lied' for the reasons stated, but you and I did ask for Rob to reply from the start. And that was spot on. As this is way over the top now.

#25640 10/01/07 02:05 PM
F
F
SG Metamatix, I think you need to calm your jets and go lie down in a darkened room with Cathedral Oceans until your blood pressure has dropped a bit smile

Newvox, sorry for any confusion!
Indeed, mastering is an art not a science,
there is never a "definitive" version of anything,
and anyways the listening and enjoying takes place inside our heads, not on any technical measure of quality.
(But yes, the original posters' claims are easily verifiable. I would do so myself if I hadn't already been quite content to give my old CD to a friend!)

#25641 10/01/07 02:14 PM
Quote:

Newvox, sorry for any confusion!
Thats okay, its understandable on this thread.
Guess i must have been talking the cats bollocks after all. eek

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.