Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
T
T
I also like 'Fog', it's immediately engaging. But as it's quite long it might have been even better with just a little more development.

H
H
Quote:
Originally posted by The Quiet Trees:
I also like 'Fog', it's immediately engaging. But as it's quite long it might have been even better with just a little more development.
Do you mean it ought to have been shorter?

T
T
My "Fog" is lifting a bit with each play.

T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by Halloway:
Quote:
Originally posted by The Quiet Trees:
[b] I also like 'Fog', it's immediately engaging. But as it's quite long it might have been even better with just a little more development.
Do you mean it ought to have been shorter? [/b]
As it is, yes, I think it would probably be more effective if it was a bit shorter. Though not much! But ideally for me John would've retained the length and introduced something more noticeably new or a twist or a turn at about the three minute mark.

C
C
eek I still haven’t listened to the Garden remaster yet (I said that bit quietly) but I wanted to share this email I received this morning from my best old friend.

Quote:

"Hi Geo,
Bloody Hell !

Just listened to "The Garden" on the way into work on my ipod (it is the 2 disc digital remaster).
1/ I'd forgotten that it was so dance orientated
2/ That for all the pastoral cover and Church book only really the last track relates to the album art (ok Paternoster & The Garden)
3/ That I remembered every track once they played.
4/ How bloody Good it was !"!!"

I ‘subjected’ him to hearing The Garden a lot when I first met him, way back then, and he’s never heard any post 1998 John & Louis work, (he’s not exactly into electro). The last time he actually listened to the Garden was in ’87, but unknown to me he went and bought himself a new copy this week.
I’ve just ordered TGS online for him as a surprise pressy, hope it has the same effect smile

Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.