Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
Administrator
Administrator
Interesting
I notice that this weekend a copy of the Touch Meridians 1 feat The QUiet Man 4 has sold on ebay for £51.00!

Also feat. Current 93 whose latest album is superb

Nice work if you can get it…

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by SF Metamatrix:
well ... the only other track i can currently think of that would fit very well - imho - on a remastered edition of "the garden" would be "lumen de lumine" , as i bet my 2 cents of the euro that it was already recorded back @ the same time as "pater noster" , but jus' wasn't released in 1981 !
The earliest date for Lumen De Lumine in John's tape archive is April 1985. There's no evidence of there being an earlier version of this track under a different name.

Rob

Quote:
Originally posted by psychocandy:
Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
[qb] I think that "Young Man" should be at the end of CD 2 or at the beginning of CD 2 of " The Golden Section" reissue. The reason for that is that it was released in 1982 and sounds more of that period than "The Garden".
yeah, it was b-side of endlessly so the golden section reissue would indeed be a better place.
That is logical to put 'young man' as the first track on cd2 of 'TGS', due to the release date and sound.

Also gald to hear 'lumen de lumine' is part of the 'IMW' era, as at this moment i dont even know enough songs to fill one whole cds worth for its re-issue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
The earliest date for [b]Lumen De Lumine in John's tape archive is April 1985. There's no evidence of there being an earlier version of this track under a different name.[/b]
i owe u 2 cents of an euro now , rob ! ;-)

nevertheless ... "lumen ..." still sounds totally like a follow-up to "pater noster" to me - also concerning its overall theme ! ;-)

Edit: Argh. Never mind. Found the answer in another thread.

H
H
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
Also gald to hear 'lumen de lumine' is part of the 'IMW' era, as at this moment i dont even know enough songs to fill one whole cds worth for its re-issue. [/QB]
It would be tricky to fill a second CD. There are 12" versions of 'Stars' and 'Enter the Angel' and indeed a longer version of 'Stairway/Hiding In Plain Sight' as well as the 'Stars' b-sides. A release of the BBC sessions from that time would be nice as they include a couple of unreleased tracks. I note that Lloyd Cole has included BBC session tracks on some his re-releases (I'm thinking of the 'Rattlesnakes' re-issue from a few years ago) so the licensing issues might not be insurmountable.

OP Offline
Originally posted by Rob in the ‘Forthcoming Releases’ section;

Next month sees the release of special double disc editions of The Garden, The Golden Section and In Mysterious Ways. Each album will be accompanied by a selection of associated extra tracks from the accompanying singles, together with some previously unreleased material. The booklets feature expanded artwork and lyrics. The full details and track-listings are as follows...

John Foxx : The Garden

Disc One
01. Europe After the Rain
02. Systems of Romance
03. When I Was a Man and You Were a Woman
04. Dancing Like a Gun
05. Pater Noster
06. Night Suit
07. You Were There
08. Fusion / Fission
09. Walk Away
10. The Garden

Disc Two
01. Swimmer II
02. This Jungle
03. Miles Away
04. A Long Time
05. Swimmer I
06. Fog previously unreleased
07. Swimmer III
08. Swimmer IV
09. Dance With Me (early version) previously unreleased
10. A Woman on a Stairway (early version) previously unreleased
11. Fusion / Fission (early version) previously unreleased
12. Miles Away (alternative version) previously unreleased

Finally the track-list is here and I just can't wait to get my hands on this! This is my favourite Foxx album ever.

I’m hoping CD2 has the same feel as CD2 of Metamatic which feels like an album in it’s own right and isn’t just a bunch of tracks put together. The previously unreleased track and unreleased versions are almost a mini-album in their own right.

All I'm wondering about now is if they've accommodated the beautiful Church booklet that came with initial quantities of the original vinyl pressing.

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
I’m hoping CD2 has the same feel as CD2 of Metamatic which feels like an album in it’s own right and isn’t just a bunch of tracks put together. The previously unreleased track and unreleased versions are almost a mini-album in their own right.
It does indeed - we've made every effort to ensure that all of the 'second discs' from the forthcoming editions of The Garden, The Golden Section and In Mysterious Ways (as well as Glimmer) all function like albums in their own right.

Quote:
All I'm wondering about now is if they've accommodated the beautiful Church booklet that came with initial quantities of the original vinyl pressing.
Don't fret - we've incorporated as much as possible of the Church booklet into the enpanded artwork. The booklet for The Garden runs to a massive twenty-four pages.

Rob

That is pretty massive for a CD booklet!

OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
Quote:
[b]I’m hoping CD2 has the same feel as CD2 of Metamatic which feels like an album in it’s own right and isn’t just a bunch of tracks put together. The previously unreleased track and unreleased versions are almost a mini-album in their own right.
It does indeed - we've made every effort to ensure that all of the 'second discs' (from the forthcoming editions of The Garden, The Golden Section and In Mysterious Ways (as well as Glimmer) all function like albums in their own right.

Quote:
Don't fret - we've incorporated as much as possible of the Church booklet into the enpanded artwork. The booklet for The Garden runs to a massive twenty-four pages.

Rob [/b]
You've just blown my tiny little mind!

Alternative The Garden album AND 24 Glossy pages!!!!

Bloody hell!!!! laugh

I'm just too damn happy now...actually I have one complaint;

JUST RELEASE IT NOW! NOW! RIGHT NOW!

laugh

Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.