Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well ... the only other track i can currently think of that would fit very well - imho - on a remastered edition of "the garden" would be "lumen de lumine" , as i bet my 2 cents of the euro that it was already recorded back @ the same time as "pater noster" , but jus' wasn't released in 1981 !

Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
Personaly i would not like to see 'quite men 3 and 4' just on a compilation as their very much part of 'The Garden' although i agree they may not sound quite the same.
I gave it a second thought.
The both quiet Men tracks sounding similar to the tiltle track of the Garden. So I agree it could be included though it sounds different to the rest of the album.

Anyway I would love to hear it in a remastered sound!

I think Garry and newvox have covered it all within the first two posts as far as track-listing goes, however I think that "Young Man" should be at the end of CD 2 or at the beginning of CD 2 of " The Golden Section" reissue. The reason for that is that it was released in 1982 and sounds more of that period than "The Garden".

F
F
At this rate we'll all just be given keys to John's house and be allowed to wander round with magnifying glasses, finding bits of dust which fell off his jacket in 1984.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by feline1:
... to wander round with magnifying glasses, ...
this immediately brought up the image of sherlock holmes in my mind ... & after thinking about it , i would even go so far & say that john & louis are somehow the sherlock holmes & dr. watson of today's electronic music ! *hehehe*

;-)

Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
I think that "Young Man" should be at the end of CD 2 or at the beginning of CD 2 of " The Golden Section" reissue. The reason for that is that it was released in 1982 and sounds more of that period than "The Garden".
yeah, it was b-side of endlessly so the golden section reissue would indeed be a better place. too bad there weren't any extended mixes of "dancing like a gun" or "europe after the rain" on the maxi-singles at the time.

H
H
I wonder if releasable fragments of John's soundtrack for the Antonioni film "Identification Of A Woman" might be available for the "The Garden" reissue? I know a soundtrack album was never released, but I remember seeing the film and hearing an extended instrumental version of "Europe After The Rain". As the soundtrack dates from the "The Garden" era, perhaps some parts of it might work for disc 2?

N
N
I'm up for a 5.1 remix. Possibly with some graphics?

F
F
The title track in 5.1 would be LUSH!

Quote:
Originally posted by Herbert the turbot:
I wonder if releasable fragments of John's soundtrack for the Antonioni film "Identification Of A Woman" might be available for the "The Garden" reissue? I know a soundtrack album was never released, but I remember seeing the film and hearing an extended instrumental version of "Europe After The Rain". As the soundtrack dates from the "The Garden" era, perhaps some parts of it might work for disc 2?
Yes I remember this great instrumental version...
Would be fantastic if it could have a place on the re-master CD!!

Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.