Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#22830 02/06/07 04:28 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Was watching a couple of documentaries on TV last night and noted just how much background music there was - even recognised one of the pieces as Brian Eno. It set me thinking; I wonder if John's ever contacted TV production companies with a view to using bits of "Tiny Colour Movies" or "Cathedral Oceans" as incidental music, particularly in documentaries?

If im right in saying bill nelson done some libary music.

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by robert:
If im right in saying bill nelson done some libary music.
Yes he did. It's an album called CHAMELEON. Still available on cd, I think. It rather good. A cross between his Orchestra Arcana - Iconography period & Bill's Map Of Dreams lp.

Quote:
Originally posted by Herbert the turbot:
Was watching a couple of documentaries on TV last night and noted just how much background music there was - even recognised one of the pieces as Brian Eno. It set me thinking; I wonder if John's ever contacted TV production companies with a view to using bits of "Tiny Colour Movies" or "Cathedral Oceans" as incidental music, particularly in documentaries?
In 1994 Melody Maker said that parts of Cathedral Oceans had been used for the 'Horizon' programme. You'll find the Melody Maker piece here;
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2463/foxxnews.html

I watched that Nuclear Secrets documentary on BBC2 the other night - soundtrack was various tracks from 'My Life In The Bush of Ghosts', 'Apollo' and tracks from DJ Shadow's 'The Private Press'...so Eno and a bit of Trip-Hop then! Very imaginative...

I agree, it's a shame John's work isn't accessed for TV use at all.

Administrator
Administrator
Thanks for the reminder about this article.

I've wondered in the past about the story, but haven't found evidence to support.
Very interesting that it describes CO as a '1987 project' and John as "Europe's leading expert on computer imaging"??
Being printed in MM in 1994 means that the piece used would have been before the first album was released??

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Administrator
Administrator
Thanks for the reminder about this article.
I've wondered in the past about the story, but haven't found evidence to support.
Very interesting that it describes CO as a '1987 project'...
And being printed in MM in 1994 means that the piece used would have been before the first album was released??

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.