Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27
#22426 01/11/07 06:22 PM
The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
There are a lot of tracks on the 2001 reissue... maybe there imply wasn't enough room on the CD and John had to omit one track.
Even with all of the extra tracks, the 2001 version of Metamatic still only clocks in at 61'54". So there was plenty of time for Young Love to have been included.

Rob

#22427 01/11/07 06:49 PM
Hi Again!

Thanks to you guys who have replied to my John Foxx video enquiry! I appreciate your help!

Also thanks to Rob for adding my face to my profile!!

Best wishes

Sarah

#22428 01/11/07 07:11 PM
I hope you manage to track down the video. All the videos are great. smile

#22429 01/12/07 02:40 AM
I bought the videos when it came out. Was it 89? I guess I just an old Brummie barstard.

#22430 01/13/07 05:31 AM
T
T
I've brought this up on another post, but speaking of rarities:

I'm aching to get a hold of "The Hidden Man" CD and - especially without having to pay those outrageous prices at e-bay for it.

I do not want to seem like I'm prodding or whining about it, but I yearn for JF to return to the states for a gig or 2 in order to take advantage of his "available only at the venue" offerings. I know and have grown to accept that such an occurance isn't likely - just like my San Diego Chargers winding up with the best record in the NFL, which happened this football season. In fact, that JF is exclusively based in Europe (music-wise) adds to his mystique, as if I'm part of an exteremely exclusive club. In the meantime, I hereby state that if such items can always be made available at Music-Non Stop or any other UK-based music site, I will oblige with immense glee - just like I did for "Sideways." Now, if they can be made available at US-based sites as well - Hooray!!! Furthermore, I'd like to state that I've been an enormous fan of his ever since '81 when a friend of mine played "Underpass" over the phone for me. For the record, I saw Numan on SNL in the summer of '80 and thought "Wow!! This Randy Newman or Gary Coleman or whoever that guy was is the future of music!!! I was 10. Nevertheless, I became Telekon. I end on reel one. I end on reel one.

Incidentally, I remember prior to the release of the 2003 double live CD, JF's "Omnidelic" CD's were going for $200+ at e-bay!

Anyway, thanks for reading and thanks in advance for not judging me (sounds passive-agressive, which I'm not; I'm just borrowing a neurotic disposition).

#22431 01/13/07 09:17 AM
H
OP Offline
H
Quote:
Originally posted by Telekon:
I've brought this up on another post, but speaking of rarities:

I'm aching to get a hold of "The Hidden Man" CD and - especially without having to pay those outrageous prices at e-bay for it.
Sister Ray are advertising it at £12.99. www.sisterray.co.uk .

HTH,
HH

#22432 01/15/07 07:23 PM
I too got the Virgin video in 89, but was a bit peeved with the 'Lose All Sense of Time' and 'Stars on Fire' "videos" - harumph!

The 12" mix of 'Like a Miracle' is fabulous, and I haven't heard it in ages since my only vinyl copy has a not insubstantial amount of warpage!

Incidentally, what about the versions of 'Lose', 'Stars' and 'Shine On' that JF did for a Janice Long session in '85 - these were substantially different demo versions, as I recall - anyone got a copy?

#22433 01/15/07 09:56 PM
Love the song like a miracle. Have the head shaped picture disc.

#22434 01/16/07 06:24 AM
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by Soylent Green:
Incidentally, what about the versions of 'Lose', 'Stars' and 'Shine On' that JF did for a Janice Long session in '85 - these were substantially different demo versions, as I recall - anyone got a copy?
I never new about this. If anyone does have a copy I'd love to have one.

#22435 01/16/07 10:32 AM
H
H
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
Quote:
Originally posted by Soylent Green:
[b]Incidentally, what about the versions of 'Lose', 'Stars' and 'Shine On' that JF did for a Janice Long session in '85 - these were substantially different demo versions, as I recall - anyone got a copy?
I never new about this. If anyone does have a copy I'd love to have one. [/b]
I don't have a copy, but it appears that someone at the BBC does, as this tracklisting from 2005 shows....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/dream_ticket/tracklisting.shtml?y=2005&d=20050615

As far as I remember, I think the DJ for the session was Simon Mayo rather than Janice Long. For many years I had a cassette copy of the session, but this has long since vanished. And yes, the session versions were different from the album; not so much different recordings as different mixes.

Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.