Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 27 1 2 3 4 26 27
#22416 01/11/07 02:34 PM
is "stairway" available anywhere on cd? i don't have the cd-version of "in mysterious ways" so i don't know. also, the single version of "what kind of girl" (on the "stars on fire" 12") is slightly different from the lp version.

and is there a 12" version of "your dress", i have that 12" and i remember it's pretty much the same version as on the album.

this might be a bit off-topic but why "young love" wasn't included on the latest cd-version of "metamatic"? and on the first editions the extra tracks were really wrong, the golden section tracks were on the garden cd etc.

#22417 01/11/07 03:01 PM
The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by psychocandy:
is "stairway" available anywhere on cd? i don't have the cd-version of "in mysterious ways" so i don't know.
Yes, Stairway is on the 2001 version of the In Mysterious Ways CD - but John decided to retitle it as Hiding in Plain Sight.

Quote:
Originally posted by psychocandy:
this might be a bit off-topic but why "young love" wasn't included on the latest cd-version of "metamatic"? and on the first editions the extra tracks were really wrong, the golden section tracks were on the garden cd etc.
I've no idea why Young Love was omitted from the 2001 version of the Metamatic CD. And you're right about the bizarre track listings for the original versions of both Metamatic and The Garden on CD - especially as I'd furnished Virgin with complete listings for all four albums which included details for all of the appropriate additional tracks. The reason I was given (at the time) by Virgin was that they couldn't locate all of the tracks. eek

Rob

#22418 01/11/07 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah Bradshaw:
Hi Folks!!

I like the idea of John's 12" singles on CD!

Talking of older stuff - I would love to get my hands on the video collection that was knocking around in about 1989... I think it was a Virgin Video with a code of VVC582 or something like that!!

Any ideas where I could try and get it?

The virqin video does appear on ebay from time to time. I found my copy second hand in a charity shop for two quid so i was lucky. Its defently time for a move to dvd format. When i spoke to john in 2005 he said he had obtained the videos from virqin. Anyone buy the video when it came out in 89.

Cheers, Sarah xx

PS Anyone heard any rumours of when and where the t-shirt entry gig is going to happen???

#22419 01/11/07 03:15 PM
Bugger ive posted my reply wrong. What i did say was the virqin video does appear on ebay from time to time. I got my copy from a charity shop. Did anyone buy this on its realease in 89.

#22420 01/11/07 04:11 PM
[/qb][/QUOTE]I've no idea why Young Love was omitted from the 2001 version of the Metamatic CD.

Rob [/QB][/QUOTE]

Hi Rob,

If you listen carefully to 'Young Love' you'll hear a bit of tape drop-out somewhere in the middle - perhaps this is the reason?

#22421 01/11/07 04:14 PM
There are a lot of tracks on the 2001 reissue... maybe there imply wasn't enough room on the CD and John had to omit one track.

#22422 01/11/07 05:11 PM
C
C
Sarah, see the entries for 'Nap-ster' under 'John Foxx Video' in this very section.
I also have the video, and will sell it to anyone for £1000!!!!!!! (it's autographed - well, I've signed it!)
Cheers
P.S I also had a video by John Cougar Mellencamp from the same shop, but lost it - I'm not selling that!

#22423 01/11/07 05:28 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
If you listen carefully to 'Young Love' you'll hear a bit of tape drop-out somewhere in the middle - perhaps this is the reason?
The Metamatic tape seems to have suffered badly over the years. The original CD issue gets very hissy towards the end (Tidal Wave and Touch and Go). The remaster is better but the hiss is still evident.

I was interested to hear the recent interview with John where he was discussing baking the master tapes in order to recover them. It seems like that original masters of the earlier albums are now defunct and only available digitally.

HH

#22424 01/11/07 05:30 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
Actually there could be a few copies of the 7" vinyl of A New Kind Of Man (original single version not the Italian release) that may have disappeared and ended up in someone's fortunate hands.
Is this version of 'ANKoM' different to the album version?

HH

#22425 01/11/07 06:14 PM
The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Harold Halloway:
Is this version of 'ANKoM' different to the album version?
The original single version of A New Kind of Man is indeed different to the album version, whilst the Italian version is (as far as I remember) the same. It's worth noting that the lyrics are also slightly different on each version.

Rob

Page 2 of 27 1 2 3 4 26 27

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.