Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#20932 09/13/10 02:14 PM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
And now it's Orchestral Manoeuvres Overdrive and a cover of "You Ain't Seen Nuthin' Yet"

Let's Synth Rock! Not 'Arf! wink
laugh

and I quote:

"OMD have spent the last 30 years the forefront of synth britannia"

After all of those years of service I think they should get their own reality TV show:

'At Home In The Dark With Orchestral Manoeuvres'.

Its just right for these times and the looming winters of discontent that may lay ahead in our great country of britannia.

#20933 09/13/10 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by core memory:
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
[b]And now it's Orchestral Manoeuvres Overdrive and a cover of "You Ain't Seen Nuthin' Yet"

Let's Synth Rock! Not 'Arf! wink
laugh

and I quote:

"OMD have spent the last 30 years the forefront of synth britannia"

After all of those years of service I think they should get their own reality TV show:

'At Home In The Dark With Orchestral Manoeuvres'.

Its just right for these times and the looming winters of discontent that may lay ahead in our great country of britannia. [/b]
laugh

Or an 80s sitcom...a bit like Auf Wiedersen Pet but with synthesizers and bad dancing.

Why, I can actually hear their version of "Oooooo, breakin' away!" in my head now...

...and it's still a damn sight better than Sister Marie Says!

#20934 09/13/10 02:32 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Actually wouldn't mind seeing OMD "perform a special support set in a rare appearance in their original two-piece formation."

get yer wigs and baggy trousers out chaps!

laugh laugh

#20935 09/13/10 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Actually wouldn't mind seeing OMD "perform a special support set in a rare appearance in their original two-piece formation."

get yer wigs and baggy trousers out chaps!

laugh laugh
Blimey! He looks like Malcolm McClaren!

Still, always nice to see Winston!

#20936 09/16/10 03:29 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
History-of-Modern-in-its-entirety now up on OMD official Myspace
http://www.myspace.com/officialomdmyspace

I'm so NOT going to listen to it ...yet..
wink

#20937 09/17/10 11:50 AM
H
H
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
History-of-Modern-in-its-entirety now up on OMD official Myspace
http://www.myspace.com/officialomdmyspace

I'm so NOT going to listen to it ...yet..
wink
I did and now I wish I hadn't....

(you can take that either way but I'm not going to expand on that yet as it might spoil it for anyone waiting until the official release) wink

#20938 09/17/10 12:15 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Yeah well there have been mixed reviews, but a hell of a lot of build-up. I didn't like the single at first but then it's growing on me...hope the album does the same. I'm going to wait until a get a 'hard-copy' to listen to it all the way through .. like we used to in the olden days.

#20939 09/20/10 08:50 AM
I have the album and as an OMD fan of 30 years I think it is an excellent album with just a couple of dodgy tracks "Pulse" sounds like an offering for an X-Factor wqannabee and "The Future The Past And Forever" is pretty poor, some classic OMD in the shape of "HOM I", "Sister Marie Says", "Bondage Of Fate", "If You Want It", "New Babies: New Toys" and the albums closing track "The Right Side".

Andy McCluskey has given me permission to feature 3 tracks on my electronic radio show next month.

I'd give the album 8.5/10

The Myspace Music Radio Show Official Homepage

#20940 09/20/10 05:37 PM
Administrator
Administrator

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#20941 09/20/10 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary Hunter:
I have the album and as an OMD fan of 30 years I think it is an excellent album with just a couple of dodgy tracks "Pulse" sounds like an offering for an X-Factor wqannabee and "The Future The Past And Forever" is pretty poor, some classic OMD in the shape of "HOM I", "Sister Marie Says", "Bondage Of Fate", "If You Want It", "New Babies: New Toys" and the albums closing track "The Right Side".

Andy McCluskey has given me permission to feature 3 tracks on my electronic radio show next month.

I'd give the album 8.5/10

The Myspace Music Radio Show Official Homepage
You almost took the words! Pulse, sounds like an offering from Kylie or Dannii. Rest of the album is pretty good, it almost has that happy Pet Shop Boys type sound to the album. New Holy Ground reminds me of an Art Of Noise track meets Pink Floyds 'Mother' whilst Right Side has a Tangerine Dream synth style intro.

I like the album,even though it contains a little cheese.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.