Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Just a bit of stupid fun…

I’m thinking of starting a campaign to make May 23rd International Synthesizer Day

Why?

Well, back in 1982, The London arm of the Musician’s Union called a meeting to ban synthesizers and drum machines after hearing that the Number One album – Dare by The Human League – had been completely recorded without any traditional instruments and the MU feared that this would put musician’s out of work.

Just as a healthy ‘Up Yours’ to the Musicians Union Luddites – I’d like to make May 23rd International Synthesizer Day.

Not that it had any remote chance of happening, but – imagine a world without synthesizers in music from 1982 onwards…

Anyway – who sails with me? laugh

Oh all the way Radio Boy! Nice one .. it's a Sunday this year too which might make for a 'fun day in the park' kind of event with Casiotones and the like propped up on picnic baskets / beer crates.
cool

OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Oh all the way Radio Boy! Nice one .. it's a Sunday this year too which might make for a 'fun day in the park' kind of event with Casiotones and the like propped up on picnic baskets / beer crates.
cool
hahahahahaha! Yeah! That's the spirit!

We could have t-shirts that said; "Sequential Circuits are Killing Music. AND IT'S ILLEGAL!" - A glimpse into the alternate universe if the MU got their way! laugh

M
M
count me in, monsieur.

And it's a big Yay from me too RadioBeach,
In fact, I can't imagine a world without synths in music from the late 60s onwards!!!

Garden wink

Just to be 'modern' we've launched a facebook group for the 23/05 ISD!! 17 members and counting...

all are welcome, no synth required.

Just joined!

OP Offline
laugh

We are legion!

T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Just a bit of stupid fun…

I’m thinking of starting a campaign to make May 23rd International Synthesizer Day

Why?

Well, back in 1982, The London arm of the Musician’s Union called a meeting to ban synthesizers and drum machines after hearing that the Number One album – Dare by The Human League – had been completely recorded without any traditional instruments and the MU feared that this would put musician’s out of work.

Just as a healthy ‘Up Yours’ to the Musicians Union Luddites – I’d like to make May 23rd International Synthesizer Day.

Not that it had any remote chance of happening, but – imagine a world without synthesizers in music from 1982 onwards…

Anyway – who sails with me? laugh
Nothing stupid about fun of course! Great idea - let's watch the snowball gather momentum down the hill. laugh

Wakey wakey. One week to this netional holiday. This years theme: OP-1, the only this century synth to be on Jarre's top ten
http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/magazine/jarre-synth

It would be intersting to hear mr Foxx's top ten.

Originally Posted By: Karwin
Wakey wakey. One week to this netional holiday. ...

WOW and it's the 30th anniversary too!!

He he, here's my copy:

.. she was born in 1982, and she was called Synthia...what else?

Beautiful! Keyboard looks simple like Micron - but this thing had touchscreen thirty years ago!
http://www.synthmuseum.com/asi/asisynthia01.html
I guess Micron would also be more simple to use had it such television. I'll take back my proposition for 30th anniversary synth - Synthia fills this niche perfectly. Four joysticks! Well, average human hand has one more fingers..

Good morning Universe! What a lovely sunny day. People are smiling on the streets, with Metamatic in their earplugs...
Originally Posted By: RadioBeach
Not that it had any remote chance of happening, but

-but today Google is celebrating the day with synth logo! Good job, Radiobeach!

By pure coincidence, today also happens to be Robert Moog's birthday. Heavenly sounds.

Happy Int-Synth Day and indeed Happy Birthday Robert Moog and well done Google

..that mini-Moog (Moogle?) really works!

https://www.google.com/

Just found out that a new brood of cute little Mini Kaoss Pads has hatched.

Last edited by Karwin; 05/23/12 12:36 PM. Reason: 42
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.