Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#20232 09/23/09 03:21 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi folks - just thought I'd mention to you all that I got a message from my credit card company yesterday saying that some US company tried to debit me USD 1,500 - which I had definitley not asked for - and so my card had been "cloned".

I wouldn't have mentioned it here but just to say it happened the day after Townsend Records debited me for the new Numan Pleasure Principle CD, so according to my bank the 'cloners' must have picked up the number off Townsend.

It should all work out OK and I'm not accusing Townsend of anything (although I will also inform them of the incident by mail) but just to say be careful ..although I expect you all are anyway. I've been using my credit card for years on the net and it had never happened before, but there you go...

Thanks all.
Mark

S
S
I had a similar problem a week or so ago & blamed Burning Shed but it could have been Townsend though I've used both numerous times before with no trouble.

Thanks for letting us know Mark.

thanks for that use townsend quite a bit, will have to be carefull.

MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, but I have to point out that I have no proof that it was Townsend's fault in any way; may just have been a coincidence.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.