Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
#20202 11/09/09 07:26 PM
Cheers Gazza & Andreas.

Glad you got them in 1 piece.

Brian

#20203 07/23/10 11:10 PM
C
C
Synth Britania is being shown again on BBC4 Friday 30th July at 10.30pm smile

#20204 07/26/10 10:15 AM
Thankx Core!
And the headliner act at the previous Glastonbury Festival (PSB) is shown prior to this fantastic doc!
laugh

#20205 09/05/10 11:00 PM
Good news for Chicago Foxxites: The "Synth Britannia" documentary will be shown Friday, 10 September, and Saturday, 11 September, at 4.50 PM in the Garland Room of the Chicago Cultural Center as part of something called SonarChicago. Also on the program will be "Amplified Gesture." For more information, see http://www.sonarchicago.com/en/sonarcinema.php

#20206 09/10/10 10:57 PM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Lele:
"Synth Britannia" documentary will be shown Friday, 10 September, and Saturday, 11 September, at 4.50 PM in the Garland Room of the Chicago Cultural Center
Lele, I do hope you also made time to watch this film on the bill:-

"to the end of the world (Finisterra) so that once there, they may begin a fleeting, earthly journey through the land of the living
...battle with their own fears and struggle with the obstacles of their own phantasmagoric condition"

http://www.sonarchicago.com/en/sonarcinema.php

You gotta love that photo of the guy in the bedsheet with holes for eyes, as he sits fishing by a lake, now that is spookier than a Halloween cake laugh

#20207 09/11/10 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by core memory:
Lele, I do hope you also made time to watch this film on the bill:-

"to the end of the world (Finisterra) so that once there, they may begin a fleeting, earthly journey through the land of the living
...battle with their own fears and struggle with the obstacles of their own phantasmagoric condition"

http://www.sonarchicago.com/en/sonarcinema.php

You gotta love that photo of the guy in the bedsheet with holes for eyes, as he sits fishing by a lake, now that is spookier than a Halloween cake laugh
Ah, but not quite as spooky as the David Sylvian baseball caps Samadhisound has on offer! eek

I giggled when I saw that photo, then snorted derisively as I read the ridiculously pretentious description, but resumed giggling when I watched the clip. I am hoping to make it to as many items in the program as my tangled schedule today will allow and promise to report back if in fact "Finisterra" is the unconventional masterpiece it purports to be — or if it is simply the best laugh I've had in weeks! laugh

#20208 09/11/10 10:28 AM
C
C
I'm looking forward to your Chicago Cultural Center report, and the customary photos of the event, and in particular the one of you observing the proceedings whilst wearing your Samadhisound baseball cap wink

#20209 09/13/10 08:44 AM
Quote:
I'm looking forward to your Chicago Cultural Center report, and the customary photos of the event, and in particular the one of you observing the proceedings whilst wearing your Samadhisound baseball cap wink
Hear! Hear!

I want to know about that mad film now too! laugh

#20210 09/15/10 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
[b] I'm looking forward to your Chicago Cultural Center report, and the customary photos of the event, and in particular the one of you observing the proceedings whilst wearing your Samadhisound baseball cap wink
Hear! Hear!

I want to know about that mad film now too! laugh [/b]
Sorry to disappoint you, gentlemen. I have no reviews and no photos (nor do I yet have a Samadhisound cap). I didn't make it to a single item on the program, as I was stuck in the office (on a SATURDAY!) until nearly 10 PM. frown But I promise to keep an eye out and see if the ghosty Spanish film makes its way into the theatres anytime soon. We've got the Chicago International Film Festival coming up in about a month — perhaps it will be a contender for the top prize. laugh

#20211 09/16/10 08:54 PM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Lele:
I didn't make it to a single item on the program, as I was stuck in the office (on a SATURDAY!) until nearly 10 PM
Good grief Lele, if that happened here then we'd have to call a general strike!

You should have given your boss an amplified gesture, and shouted out that we cannot live by bread alone, we need our art. I'm sure that if you'd played your management a track or two from Manafon to make your point then they would have got on your side with this...

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.