Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
One of the worst albums in the world gets the Cherry Red re-issue treatment! laugh

Fashion's final album Twilight Of Idols is released on 16/03/09. The PR Blurb below describes it as 'seminal'(!?) Oh dear.

The first reissue of this seminal 1984 album Twilight Of Idols , the third album recorded by Fashion. This is the first time that the album has been available on CD.

The CD features 4 bonus tracks, including three extended versions of Eye Talk , Dreaming and White Line Flyer . The CD booklet features the original sleeve design and is accompanied by sleeve notes, discography and all the single sleeves taken from the original album. Fashion arose from the ashes of the punk/new wave explosion of the late 70's. Hailing from Birmingham, the band released their first album on their own indie label before signing to Arista Records and then moving on to CBS Records.

Eye Talk / Dreaming / Hit Girl / Trader / You In The Night / Delirious / Hurricane / Too Much Too Soon / Slow Down / Twilight Of Idols / Bonus Tracks- Eye Talk (Mutant Version) / Dreaming (Extended Version) / White Line Flyer (Extended Version) / You In The Night (Extended Version)

Never heard of them or it!

OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Never heard of them or it!
Hi Alex,

As I said about them back in November when the first album was re-issued (http://www.metamatic.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000463#000000);

Ha! And 99% of the population would agree with you!

In a nutshell - proto-New Romantic outfit from Birmingham (Duran Duran were their support band). First two incarnations good (Mk1.Product Perfect; Mk2. Fabrique), third incarnation (Twilight of Idols)...beyond awful.

Biggest hits (and I'm stretching the word 'hits' here) were from the Mk2 outfit - 'Move On', 'Streetplayer (Mekanik)' and 'Love Shadow' featuring Gina x - Mk2 Fashion were produced by Zeus B. Held (Gina X, John Foxx).

Mk1 were more sort of dub punk/New Wave...Mk3 were just...well...sh**e.

Doesn't come on your highest recommendation, then.

OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Doesn't come on your highest recommendation, then.
Heh! laugh No!

C
C
Mind you Eye Talk and You In The Night are great tracks.

I always rate this album far better than their awful debut. However, Fabrique is their classic album and the one to have in your collection.

I'll be getting anyway Twilight of Idols and what a fantastic title that is. laugh

Chris wink

OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
Mind you [b]Eye Talk and You In The Night are great tracks.

I always rate this album far better than their awful debut. However, Fabrique is their classic album and the one to have in your collection.

I'll be getting anyway Twilight of Idols and what a fantastic title that is. laugh

Chris wink [/b]
Hi Chris,

I'll let you off 'cos I know you're only buying it for all the analogue squelches and squeals! wink I must confess I do have a soft spot for the debut eek , but Fabrique was easily their one shining moment.

I assume Fashion lifted the title from a book by Friedrich Nietzsche;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_of_the_Idols

I have Fabrique on vinyl, bought from Boots back in the day.
Unfortunately, I was "seen" buying it. Embarrassing.

It's excellent.

I also have "la Verite" by Classix Nouveau. Same applies.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.