Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
#19473 09/10/10 12:10 PM
OP Offline
David Sylvian has shot and edited a new short film called A Man of No Significance – a line from the song The Greatest Living Englishman on the album Manafon

This new film will be screened in Japan prior to a showing of Amplified Gesture, the film that accompanied his recent release Manafon.

Amplified Gesture screenings:

29 and 30 Oct 2010
21:00
TOKYO baus theatre
Guests: Takagi Masakatsu (29) and Nakamura Toshimaru (30)

6 - 19 Nov 2010
OSAKA cine nouveau

26 Nov
21:00
SAPPORO Theatre Kino

#19474 09/10/10 11:15 PM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
currently putting the finishing touches on a radically reinterpreted version of Manafon that features original orchestration by Dai and a number of fresh compositions which extend the themes of the original album
interesting, but perhaps not surprising news? my feeling is that possibly David might be hoping to embrace not only some of his fans who felt a bit shut out from the original Manafon, but to also give his fans who enjoyed it's nature another perspective on it, either way, I'm intrigued.

#19475 09/11/10 02:49 AM
Thank you Garry - I'm curious enough to go and see, despite my despair at his recent material (none of it has really tickled my imagination).

I'm curious to see who would attend as well.

#19476 09/12/10 02:28 PM
T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by Lele:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
[b]More importantly however i am pleased to learn you can get a Sleepwalkers basketball cap ..
http://www.samadhisound.com/shop/index.php?cPath=12
laugh
Wow...a very rare lapse in taste Samadhi! They are AWFUL! laugh [/b]
OMG! eek Those hats are appalling — but I am almost tempted to order one just for the sheer ludicrousness of it (and I do not wear baseball caps under any circumstances). Maybe David is trying to appeal to the more rustic element of his neighboring New Englanders. What's next — Samadhisound tractor-seat cushions? [/b]
I was expecting something closer to what the lady on the sleeve is wearing. Not that that would make me purchase ...

#19477 09/13/10 08:54 AM
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
Quote:
Originally posted by Lele:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
More importantly however i am pleased to learn you can get a Sleepwalkers basketball cap ..
http://www.samadhisound.com/shop/index.php?cPath=12
laugh
Wow...a very rare lapse in taste Samadhi! They are AWFUL! laugh [/b]
OMG! eek Those hats are appalling — but I am almost tempted to order one just for the sheer ludicrousness of it (and I do not wear baseball caps under any circumstances). Maybe David is trying to appeal to the more rustic element of his neighboring New Englanders. What's next — Samadhisound tractor-seat cushions? [/b]
I was expecting something closer to what the lady on the sleeve is wearing. Not that that would make me purchase ...
Heh! I think the Batman section of the nearest Forbidden Planet might help!

What's with all the activity all of a sudden - it's much too fast for a veteran Sylvian fan - I expect Sylvian to live in a cardboard box on top of a mountain or summat, thinking REALLY DEEP THOUGHTS, MAAAAN for at least five years before releasing new sonic tablets from his disco mountain.

All this and baseball caps too! "We've never had it so good!" wink

#19478 10/01/10 05:39 PM
S
S

#19479 03/14/11 01:35 PM
OP Offline
Thanks to Member D for pointing this out to me;

http://markslostinmusic.blogspot.com/2011/03/sylvian-music-is-pants.html

#19480 03/15/11 07:46 PM
OP Offline
Just received this from Samadhisound (don't all rush to buy it at once though eh? Form an orderly queue... :rolleyes: );

Uncommon Deities (handmade limited edition print)
Poem by David Sylvian Art by Atsushi Fukui
Published by Heavenly Monkey 2010

The text used for this broadside was originally written to accompany a catalogue for an exhibition of Fukui's work which never materialised. David Sylvian later sent the poem, entitled 'Uncommon Deities,' to the publisher Heavenly Monkey and requested Fukui create original artwork specifically for this edition.

The result is this beautiful handprinted broadside, limited to an edition of 30, signed and numbered by both artists, and 4 A.P. copies.

Only 4 copies (of the broadside) are available (as of this posting) through samadhisound.com.

The price for the broadside is $500.00 (plus postage). If you're interested in purchasing a copy please e-mail opiumartsinfo@aol.com

For more background on the printing process and to view further images please follow this link:

http://www.heavenlymonkey.com/Deities.htm

#19481 03/16/11 08:20 AM
Quote:
Just received this from Samadhisound (don't all rush to buy it at once though eh? Form an orderly queue... :rolleyes: );
thought you'd "just received" the thing itself but I imagine you just received a mail about it!
smile

#19482 03/16/11 01:37 PM
OP Offline
Quote:
Quote:
[b] Just received this from Samadhisound (don't all rush to buy it at once though eh? Form an orderly queue... :rolleyes: );
thought you'd "just received" the thing itself but I imagine you just received a mail about it!
smile [/b]
Hahahaha! No chance! Unless I win the lottery...which I'd have to enter first...

A cockney monkey for a heavenly monkey? Only if it was a pony guv.

Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.