Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
#19047 04/01/11 10:06 PM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
And we have the full-length new series trailer
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Looks quite exciting to me..although these trailers always do.
wink
Hmm yes. I'll be watching of course, no holding me back! But I wish these types of trailers stopped going down the Harry-Potter-route-going-down-The-Peter-Jackson-Lord-Of-The-Rings-route... I've no complaints with LOTR trailers, but in as much as Blade Runner spawned a thousand cyberpunk clones for a very long time, it would be good to see Who trailers shake off that need to follow this post-Potter-Middle Earth dramatic trend. Mind you, it'll all be in vogue again with The Hobbit in 2012, cue the massed digital army of 500,000 rainbow Daleks battling with fiery dragons. And speaking of Daleks, I wonder how this campaign is doing:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110623692304139

Crikey, its clearly had a result, as Steven Moffat has just announced yet another re-design from his prop department for the Daleks in 2011, appearing in the Easter episode called Eggsterminate!!!:

http://www.kuriositas.com/2010/04/dalek-made-from-egg-eggsterminate.html

eek

anything is possible in science fiction, double feature... wink

Newsflash!

I'm sure all diehard fans already know this confusing tale, but David Tennant's just had a baby with Georgia Moffett, and her surname's not a typo' and she's not to be confused with being any relative of Who producer Steven Moffatt. However, Georgia played Jenny the onscreen daughter of David Tennant's Doctor Who, while in reality she is actually the real daughter of Peter Davison, who was himself a former Doctor Who.

Doctor Who - its really quite a small world afterall.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/art...h-daughter.html

#19048 04/08/11 04:05 PM
C
C
Alex, as our main Dalek collector on the forum, what think you of this Frank-eyed oddity? methinks it could give those Moffat multicoloured ones a run for their money in the taste stakes wink :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Frank-Sidebottom-s...=item35b13b9bb2

MemberD #40880 08/20/11 02:41 PM
C
C
I have to confess that I watched only the first episode of the last series of Doctor Who and never got any further, after part one of The Impossible Astronaut my sensitive time-rotor must have been brutally infiltrated by a particularly virulent strain of Venusian Potato-People Smeg-Flu, and I became incapable of continuing to watch on, or perhaps I just ran out of jet-powered rocket pants, but the result was that the other five stories of last season remain in perpetual stasis confinement within the impenetrable walls of my future-fascist BSKYB+ box, where its sixth dimensional prison is guarded over by Rupert Murdoch's bodyguard and Stepford Wife Wendi Deng and her terrifying custard-pie-deflecting-mutated-punching-appendage's.

Not sure when I'll ever get around to watching those earlier 2011 episodes, and now that the next season is almost upon us, its just too much to bear, I'm looking to an alternative future of Doctor Who, one where endless possibilities are endless, and where any Tom Dick Harry or Moth Hat can make up their own reality of fantasy - "I am a scientist and my name is Tanya" - only one thing could make the show any more campier than this fan-made clip here, and no, its not about having a southern accent instead of a northern one, but rather having the Doc wear a Mankini, perhaps he could do so next year for the 50th celebrations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE9zZGQbHkg&feature=related

MemberD #40889 08/22/11 02:38 PM
There was only one sole episode from the first half of this season that I would consider watching again, and that was the Neil Gaiman story, The Doctor's Wife. For me, that was the only one which felt remotely "Whoish".

I suppose the good news is that both Piers Wenger and Beth Willis have now left the production team. I never thought they handles the show well. Then again I can say the same for alleged lifelong fan, Steven Moffat.

It's sad to realise I've lost interest in a series I've loved all my life. But at the same time, the show has had highs and lows in the past, all related to the various behind-the-scenes changes. So I dare say more change lies in store.

In the meantime, I've been watching some of the recently released classic series DVDs; The Awakening, The Sunmakers and The Mutants. Brilliant, all of them.

MemberD #40890 08/22/11 03:23 PM
Am I the only person who can't understand the popularity of Dr Who these days? I watched it as a kid and loved John Pertwee and Tom Baker. From then on it went downhill for me plus I was growing up.For me it fizzled out during the 80s. I have caught the odd episode since it's rebirth,catching all three actors who've played the part,and not been impressed.As with everything else in the media there is a love of youth and so the doctor gets younger and younger with each actor. I guess this is so younger viewers can relate to the role more. I think the latest Dr is just far too young and I can't take him seriously.Sorry,just my opinion.

MemberD #40895 08/23/11 08:56 AM
I have to agree with you on the 'young' Doctor thing. As a child of the 80s I have a fondness for that period, particularly the Peter Davison era, an although he was only a couple of yeas older than Matt Smith when he took the part, he looked and acted much more maturely. Although David Tennant is a good actor, he never played the part like I hoped he would. Only Christopher Eccleston made a good modern day Doctor for me, and even he took me some warming to. In fact it was only in hindsight that I realised he was actually very good.

I still think the Doctor needs to be played by a more mature actor - mid-40s onwards. The BBC are probably too scared to try that today.

MemberD #41229 09/29/11 08:48 AM
C
C
20% cuts for the BBC means the axe must fall, but don't worry Who fans, its not the main feature getting beheaded...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/sep/28/doctor-who-confidential-axed

Back in 2005 when Dr Who returned I did switch over a few times to watch this 'add-on' straight after, a good programme but it never felt necessary for me to make a point of watching, its definitely worth having as a bonus on a DVD/Bluray release.

MemberD #41230 09/29/11 08:55 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
I agree..I never liked it much, although funnily I used to liek all those 'behind the scenes' kind of features they used to do on Blue Peter etc.

MemberD #41233 09/29/11 09:04 AM
C
C
Originally Posted By: MemberD
I agree..I never liked it much, although funnily I used to liek all those 'behind the scenes' kind of features they used to do on Blue Peter etc.

Shame a baby elephant never went to the toilet on the floor and pulled Stephen Moffat along behind it during the shooting of a Doc Who episode...

core memory #41235 09/29/11 09:19 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: core memory
Originally Posted By: MemberD

Shame a baby elephant never went to the toilet on the floor and pulled Stephen Moffat along behind it during the shooting of a Doc Who episode...

LOl . .they just don't make 'em like that anymore...

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.